Taxi Cabs feeling threatened by other services.

rulesoferick

Taxi Cabs are facing trouble with other transportation agencies because of them special services, better rates and other benefits. 

This isn't only a local news, it's actually happening in many US cities and even around the world, and it's also making all taxi cab drivers a headache since a couple years.

The reality is that here in NYC (as in other cities), taxi drivers are facing a trouble and a hard competition for new customers nowadays. One more time, technology defies real life while reservation platforms like Airport Shuttle JFK or apps like famous Uber for moving around are offering easy bookings, private services, and cheaper rates. That is definitely taking a huge advantage over trying to find a taxi cab at street.

John Miller, a local taxi driver since 30 years says: "It has been tough days since competition appears, you know, Uber, Lyft, Shuttles... we're trying to fight against technology and what tourists and customers think. Old-fashioned and expensive services, they say, and yes, their smartphone solves almost everything but it stills not being the same".

It seems like time and money saving is all what customers want, but there are other facts aspects safety that private transportation services offer like the drivers information, pre -established routes, type of vehicle and its plates.

There are many facts about transportation, technology, and jobs that have been changing especially in the last years. New competitors, offers, and institutions that are trying to get into the market with new proposals and sustainable projects. Taxi cabs are still in the game and we need to know that clients are first and bringing excellent services are each agency responsibilities.

Taxi Cabs are facing trouble with other transportation agencies because of them special services, better rates and other benefits. 

This isn't only a local news, it's actually happening in many US cities and even around the world, and it's also making all taxi cab drivers a headache since a couple years.

The reality is that here in NYC (as in other cities), taxi drivers are facing a trouble and a hard competition for new customers nowadays. One more time, technology defies real life while reservation platforms like Airport Shuttle JFK or apps like famous Uber for moving around are offering easy bookings, private services, and cheaper rates. That is definitely taking a huge advantage over trying to find a taxi cab at street.

John Miller, a local taxi driver since 30 years says: "It has been tough days since competition appears, you know, Uber, Lyft, Shuttles... we're trying to fight against technology and what tourists and customers think. Old-fashioned and expensive services, they say, and yes, their smartphone solves almost everything but it stills not being the same".

It seems like time and money saving is all what customers want, but there are other facts aspects safety that private transportation services offer like the drivers information, pre -established routes, type of vehicle and its plates.

There are many facts about transportation, technology, and jobs that have been changing especially in the last years. New competitors, offers, and institutions that are trying to get into the market with new proposals and sustainable projects. Taxi cabs are still in the game and we need to know that clients are first and bringing excellent services are each agency responsibilities.

Taxi riders like myself want reliable, convenient service, AND also CLEAN cars.  I got sick of dealing with car service.  My rides were usually short (5-10 minutes tops) and I'd be spending over $10.00 with the tip.  Sometimes I would have long waits and empty promises about when a car would arrive.  Competition is needed because these cab companies don't value their customers and people are voting with their feet.  Quite frankly I can't blame them.  Taxis are expensive, and for the cost of the service, we expect more than what we've received in the past.

I have used Uber a few times and have been quite satisfied.  The driver was courteous.  The car was spotless and smelled nice and he got me to my destination quickly.

Archived