Bicycle traffic ticket (employment process)

babooka37

Hello, everyone! I have been at drug test already and received a 21 page booklet to fill in. Do I need to report my two pending tickets for bicycle in Traffic Conviction Section? I will have a hearing in January 2018 and I wasn't guilty so want to fight them. Does this can impact the employment? Also, my friend has a speeding ticket pending. He paid a lawyer and it was postponed till 2018 too. What about his situation?

I will appreciate any information, Thank you!

If I was you, I would disclose everything, regardless of how stupid it sounds. The last thing you want to happen is for the agency to terminate you because you did not disclose it to begin with.

Same thing for your friend with the speeding ticket. If I was you, and your friend, pay it, disclose it, and move on.

Pay everything, and disclose everything. I had 2 bicycle tickets I had to pay, and bicycle tickets can cost way more than motor vehicle tickets. The one ticket I had to pay was 300 bucks. That was for riding on the sidewalk for 1 block to avoid double parked cars, and oncoming traffic. Mind you there was no bicycle lane either.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Pay everything, and disclose everything. I had 2 bicycle tickets I had to pay, and bicycle tickets can cost way more than motor vehicle tickets. The one ticket I had to pay was 300 bucks. That was for riding on the sidewalk for 1 block to avoid double parked cars, and oncoming traffic. Mind you there was no bicycle lane either.

Damn, I hate bikes on sidewalks. A large proportion of bikers think they own the streets and try to run people over when when the pedestrians have the right to cross and they’ve got the red light. I see fewer (but still a lot) weaving through people on sidewalks in Manhattan as if the crowd would part to let their majesties through.

I hope you’re not one of those a**holes.

Archived