Celebrating 250 years Of Pittsburgh!

Jonesy

Since 2008 has arrived various activities have been going on in and around the city of Pittsburgh most stuff dedicated to the citys Past, Present and Future as part of it yesterday the Antique Motor Coach Association Of Pennsylvania (AMCAP) decided to bring its star bus Down #775 which was restored recently into its Original delivery colors the bus was built in 1947 for Harmony Short Lines of Harmony, PA until they went out of business and later another private company bought the coach..In 1964 PAT acquired 775 and was repainted into their 60s-70s scheme (Grey With Red Stripe and white) PAT restored it and kept it part of its Historical Fleet (which we dont have anymore!) and at that time it had become the oldest bus in the fleet, PAT later abandoned its historic fleet but 775 still hung around

AMCAP Finnally got ahold of 775 in 1991 and from there on they've managed to put a whole lot of work into this bus over the years into what it is today Basic Info of 775, its a 1947 TDH3207, 30feet In Length seats 32 Passengers and its powered by a Detroit Diesel 4-71 Engine heres pics of 775 that I took yesterday:

pat775cgv6.jpg

pat775byy5.jpg

pat775ayi2.jpg

-------

PAT sent bus #5218 down for Public viewing also this bus was painted (NOT Wrapped!) into its "tell us where to go" scheme "tell us where to go" is a program that they are doing to Improve public transit around the area and is also part of its "Connect '09" plan the basic point of this bus is to drive around to diffrent areas of the county and letting the public board the bus and hearing out their ideas for the suture of Public transit in the Pittsburgh area..alot of Bus Fans around here arnt too happy or excited about this bus because they took a in-service bus and converted it into a rolling office...basically what they did was took some seats out and placed some seats facing each other and some were missing then they had tables installed to place their items on but most think it was a waste and they should of did this to an older bus....I couldnt agree any better, heres my shots 5218:

pat5218repaintasv5.jpg

pat5218repaintbpg9.jpg

Heres a shot I took of 5218 well before they did it over:

pat5218bwu9.jpg

Archived