White rear AC vents on buses?

jeffmorris

I started seeing Orion V and RTS buses with white rear AC vents in Staten Island as while as the new Orion VII hybrid buses. I thought that the Orion V and RTS buses with white rear AC vents are new buses but from reading messages on this forum, I thought that the buses are painted or overhauled. I think that the new Orion VII buses don't have seats over the front wheels because they have low floors.

I started seeing Orion V and RTS buses with white rear AC vents in Staten Island as while as the new Orion VII hybrid buses. I thought that the Orion V and RTS buses with white rear AC vents are new buses but from reading messages on this forum, I thought that the buses are painted or overhauled. I think that the new Orion VII buses don't have seats over the front wheels because they have low floors.

oooh hey! Welcome to NYCTF first of all, if you remember me, i'm from trainz forums :)

Yeah, Orion Vs and RTSs ranging from age have been overhauled ( or going through the level II Phase ) Also whitebacked to save the MTA money. The VIIs are being whitebacked as well along with the other various buses (except the 1995 Orion V CNGs, unless those will be undergoing the level II Phase )

Well I hear the black and blue paint is costly?......

Something to that effect. Although the blackback population is still healthy, and there are some oddballs like blackback with no stripe underneath and whiteback with complete stripe. Personally I prefer blackback, but this is out of my control...

And about the Orion VIIs not having seats over the front wheels, you're right.

Archived