Decline appointment

Osvaldo08

24 minutes ago, Osvaldo08 said:

I received a letter of appointment but I want to know if I decline the appointment what Gina happen?

Mind I ask which title this is for? Bus Operator? Conductor? Station Agent? Train Operator? Track Worker? In addition, what exam did you take as well?

Thank you.

13 minutes ago, Osvaldo08 said:

Transit electrical helper 7609, however I don’t want to accept the tittle now so I want to know what happen if I decline it

According to the NYC Open Data website (type "7609" in the search box on the top right), the list doesn't expire until 2022, so you can restore your name to the list when you're ready. Click here for information on how to do so. After you restore your name to the list, you just have to wait until the HR Office requests the next "batch" of names from DCAS, then you'll be good to go.

I Received a pre-employment letter to come in for exam 7609 for a "probable permanent position on Jan 8. Also I did my pre employment drug test for light maintainer.

so my question is if I get hire for electrical helper position and then 2 months later light maintainer call me, can I transfer to light maintainer or I have to wait a year ??

12 hours ago, Osvaldo08 said:

I Received a pre-employment letter to come in for exam 7609 for a "probable permanent position on Jan 8. Also I did my pre employment drug test for light maintainer.

so my question is if I get hire for electrical helper position and then 2 months later light maintainer call me, can I transfer to light maintainer or I have to wait a year ??

As of right now, the key, or objective for you and everyone else reading this forum/topic is to get in as an employee, regardless of which title it is in. Therefore, although I don't have too much knowledge with these titles, and since I'm assuming that both of these are open-competitive, I would look to complete your probationary year with one title, then you can always switch to the other title.

I've worked in title "transit electrical helper, signals" for the past year, i know of a guy who worked in signals for about 6 month, then switched to "infrastructure", didnt like it there and transit still allowed him to go back to his original signals department

basically, switching to a new title before you finish a year is not a problem, however, you will not own your title so its not guaranteed they would allow you to go back

Archived