Sarah Fienberg: the president that makes you walk to another station instead of giving courtesy passes

On 8/16/2020 at 6:48 PM, NewFlyer 230 said:

I’ve had something similar happen to me at Jamaica Center a few weeks ago. None of the machines at the 153rd street nor Parsons Blvd entrance were accepting debit cards and I had $2 in cash so I had to go to Sutphin Blvd in order to fill up my card.

Sarah’s response was so unprofessional especially for the position she holds. She basically was implying that it was Claytons fault for not having enough sense to walk to another station instead of complaining. However no one should have to do that but it is not uncommon to go into a station and all the metrocard machines are no working correcting. It is the MTA’s job to make sure that their machines are working so Sarah shouldn’t be mad at Clayton. 

Hell I have had to go to THREE subway stations just to refill a Metrocard because the debit/credit card option was not working because the network was down - I believe they use Verizon for their telecommunications, and that means entire stations can be down at once. I don’t know if entire areas are impacted when that this happens or not, but I suspect that to be the case. Worst of all, these were large stations - Times Square, then Bryant Park. I was finally able to reload at the 5th and 42nd St stop. Sure, you can go to an ATM, but you first have to find one, then hope the machines are taking cash to give you a receipt, otherwise you are SOL. I don’t like refilling with cash because if you lose the Metrocard, you are out of the money, whereas with a debit or credit card, your Metrocard can be replaced if it is lost.