In case you’re thinking about fanning, Outdoor Subway stops at 2pm

Deucey

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/02/01/storm-watch-nyc-travel-restrictions/

NYC Winter Storm: Outdoor Subway Service Suspended At 2 P.M. In NYC; Schools All-Remote Again Tuesday

John DiasFebruary 1, 2021 at 1:18 pm

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Outdoor subway service in New York City will be suspended starting at 2 p.m. Monday, and schools will remain all-remote Tuesday.

A powerful winter storm is pummeling the Tri-State Area and is expected dump more than a foot of snow in the city.

“Conditions continue to deteriorate. So therefore, we will suspend outdoor subway service starting at 2 p.m. But to be clear, people should start planning that now,” New York City Transit Authority Interim President Sarah Feinberg said Monday. “So if you are not home and you need to get home, you need to start making your way there now.”

Transit officials said commuters should expect more suspensions in the coming hours.

Earlier, Mayor Bill de Blasio announced New York City public schools will be all-remote again Tuesday.

“There will not be in-person schools tomorrow. Remote education, of course, will go on for all kids tomorrow — Tuesday,” he said. “But Wednesday we’ll be back strong.”

De Blasio said coronavirus vaccinations will also be delayed another day.

“We need to keep people safe. We don’t want folks, especially seniors, going out in unsafe conditions to get vaccinated,” he said. “We know we can rescheduled appointments very quickly.”

Outdoor dining remains closed Monday night, and alternate side parking is suspended through Saturday.

“We’ll see about [outdoor dining] tomorrow night. There’s a chance we might be able to get it back for tomorrow night, depending how the plowing operations go and how the weather goes,” the mayor added.

De Blasio declared a state of emergency and restricted non-essential travel between 6 a.m. Monday and 6 a.m. Tuesday.

Hospital workers, like Bobby Cater, still had to get to work.

“Man, it’s crazy out here,” he told CBS2’s John Dias. “Everyone can’t stay home. I wish I could stay home today.”

TIMELINE: 12-18 Inches Possible In New York City, Up To 2 Feet In Northern Suburbs

More than 700 salt spreaders and 2,000 sanitation workers were out on the roads.

“We fought about a 6-inch snowstorm before daybreak,” Department of Sanitation Commissioner Edward Grayson said. “It will take multiple passes during this prolonged period of active snowfall.”

“An extremely dangerous and treacherous storm,” said Office of Emergency Management Commissioner Deanne Criswell.

For some New Yorkers, the snow was a winter wonderland.

“I love it, because I’m from West Africa, Senegal,” one man told Dias.

Others were less optimistic about the winter mess.

“I’m not excited about it. It’s a lot,” a woman added.

Either way they looked at it, some New Yorkers still had to get through the storm.

The whipping winds made it hard for many to cross the street by Columbus Circle. One person even had to grab onto a pillar. Others tried their hardest not to fall.

“It’s a little challenging,” one man said.

“The gentleman had to hold me, because I was lifting off the ground,” a woman added.

Meanwhile, a code blue is also in effect, with city officials checking on the homeless to make sure they have a safe place to stay.