Dr. King in the spirit of Obama

Coolbreezing

This was text to me by someone I don't know. I'm not smart enough to have thought of it but I figured I'll just pass it on to your. Martin Luther King died in 1964 ....Barak Obama is our 44th president ...so what does 1964 + 44 equal to .....you guest it right my friend. Did God had something to do with it or was it just a coincident?

The year MLK died in that text message is incorrect. Alot of sources state that he died in 1968. The only noteworthy things to him in 1964, as far as I know, were winning the Nobel Peace Prize for his non-violent resistance to end racism and being honored by Time Magazine's Man of the Year.

• 4 weeks later...

Obama did benefit as did most people of 'color' in America from this histroic leader in MLK.

I hope Obama does well as President during the worst ecomonic crisis since the great depression. Not only the ecominic crisis on his plate, but problems around the globe. Mainly the 'war on terror' and the battle vs Al Queda.

More problems now going into 2009, then even back in 1968.

However i am now not happy when some people on street mainly some Black Folks saying he the 'new MLK." Give me a break.

Obama is the leader now of all Americans, Black, White, Latino, Asian and Native American.

The president elect is a collection of all the knowledge that he has acquired throughout his life. Is neither black or white his simply a human bean. As Dr. King state “ we should judge a man by the content of his character not his skin color”. Although his skin may appeared to be less lighter than white doesn't say anything about his character. Being Black or White is nothing to be proud of if the content of the character is not of great value. Humans have a lot more in common than most people think, the only thing that divides them is education and wealth.

Archived