Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 1601

kazz

After years of delay, because of covid, we were given a testing date for the next electrical helper exam, exam 1601. That date has come and gone and now we wait for results.

The mta has surprisingly already announced the next transit electrical helper exam. Only a few weeks after exam 1601, the newest exam, 2610 is available for registration on the MTA website. The testing date for that one is in june.

However, this thread is for exam 1601. I only mentioned the other exam for discussion purposes. If the mta is already scheduling another exam, then we should be hopeful that we won't have to wait too long to get called. As a matter of fact, when i took the test one of the exam proctors said we will be getting the results soon.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 12:07 PM, Thierno said:

Does anyone get the letter..??

Too early... Almost 700 people passed the last exam and we have to wait for everyone to be called. Shouldn't be too long since the last exam was 3 years ago. Only reason they are still working on that list is because Covid slowed everything down for a long time. Hence the need to catch up with the 1601 and 2610 exam.

My guess based off of the time table of earlier Electrical Helper exams, we will most likely we will get results and take the SPA exam this year. Expect to start working next year if you had a good score.

^^^^LMAO^^^^

Scratch everything I said. Bad info. My bad.

Just got the Canvas email from the mta. Got an appointment for next week. They are moving faster than I expected. Cool.

Last week I went to the mta head quarters at 180 livingston street for pre employment. There was about a dozen or so people there for the electrical helper title.

Gave the mta my packet with all of my info, took a drug test, and also took an english proficiency test. I was told I would be contacted sometime between 3 - 90 days.

You said it. I would encourage everyone to always look for other job opportunities in the city in the mean time.

The next step is the medical. Stay safe and healthy until then. 

Hello guys I did the medical exam  2 weeks ago . And I'm appointed for the training class that start on June 6th . But we should go first to HR services before if I'm not mistaken.  They were supposed to call fir the fingerprints and all that . But tomorrow is June 6th I don't know if I should report for the training or I have to wait for the call

If you were told to go to training then you should go. 

If the MTA made a mistake, then inform them when you go. Just from reading this forum I can tell that mistakes like the one the MTA made in your situation is not that uncommon.

Regardless let us know how everything goes.

Edited by kazz

7 hours ago, Thierno said:

Hello guys I did the medical exam  2 weeks ago . And I'm appointed for the training class that start on June 6th . But we should go first to HR services before if I'm not mistaken.  They were supposed to call fir the fingerprints and all that . But tomorrow is June 6th I don't know if I should report for the training or I have to wait for the call

Yes it would be better if you let them know because the fingerprints and ID picture they have to do with you, quick question how long did it take for them to get back to you with your medical after you went the first time?

No problem and thank you for your response for it made it easier for all of us to get a better idea of what to expect, best of luck to you! And did they put you in signals or power because I believe those two departments were available for classes. 

Thank you and one last question when they got back to you for the medical did they tell you the week of to come back to HQ or they let you know 2 weeks in advance about your medical? I'm only asking because next week will make it a month since I did my pre employment and I heard nothing back yet.