Transit Electrical Helper, Exam No. 1601

kazz

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
41 minutes ago, TheRider said:

@trafficcheck24 congrats im going to signals from what Michelle says originally my email said power which I was trying to go for.How did you get to chose power Michelle told me all power classes were full 

Signals is hard stuff homie. At least when you first get into it. Day time works above ground mostly and tunnels at times. Night time works in the tunnels. 

Most important thing is to not be late or take any sick days. They hold it against you.

Then you have to learn about flagging. After that you learn the job.

All is well. Im in Cable. Work isnt too bad, but I hear some other departments in power have it better than me so i hope to move. Better as in cleaner/safer work.

Beyond that I just we become permanent soon and the mta releases  the offical list asap. 

On 10/19/2022 at 11:01 PM, TheRider said:

@trafficcheck24 congrats im going to signals from what Michelle says originally my email said power which I was trying to go for.How did you get to chose power Michelle told me all power classes were full 

thank, Idk maybe the class was not full when i went in. also i had a medical hold so maybe that pushed me that direction 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Novaaa provisionally not permanent, when you hired provisionally youll have to wait until the list is establish to be hired permanently. We just got a notice of results so we might get permanent status soon it's possible you guys will hear back in the summer or end of this year good luck. 

Hi Everybody I have returned. 

Just got a Letter from Transit. I have Officially received A list number. 

I assume this means as of today all the provisional guys are now permanent employees on probation?

If so then that is great news. No more provisional status. Good Stuff.

• @kazz i remember when we first got hired Michelle told us we would have to go back to 180 and sign a paper saying we permanent, other people say we wait until they contact us to be permanent. That letter is to just show you us the results of the test and our new list number for when they'll contact us back. So let's just hope for our sake they just put us down permanent already so we actually can start our probation. 

• 4 weeks later...