Transit Electrical Helper Exam No. 2610

TheRider

On 9/18/2023 at 4:18 AM, Novaaa said:

Anyone got an update on the hiring process?

I went to 180 living st today and ask about the hiring process. I talk to that short guy that was there when we went. He said we just have to wait. If it gets pass 90 days from August 8th, we should go back in and speak to someone

• 3 months later...

On 7/8/2023 at 8:56 PM, Starsky said:

i took the test but i did it for older list mine was from the summer of 2021, they had 40 questions. They should have gave you yellow papper thta had your answer you wrote down, so you could compare to the right answers off the answer key online. i scored like 30 out of 40. 

this is late but i tookt he same test as you and scored 40 to, i called the mta and they told me 3000 people took our test but only 701 people passed.

On 1/17/2024 at 12:00 PM, Starsky said:

this is late but i tookt he same test as you and scored 40 to, i called the mta and they told me 3000 people took our test but only 701 people passed.

did my pre-employment application and drug test on November 30, 2023, after I re schedule it from August 10, 2023. My exam was 2610… on my drug test it said electrical helper Signal…for the department. Has anyone got any updates on when are what is the process or have a number I can call for any updates 

On 1/21/2024 at 12:09 PM, Rashane24 said:

did my pre-employment application and drug test on November 30, 2023, after I re schedule it from August 10, 2023. My exam was 2610… on my drug test it said electrical helper Signal…for the department. Has anyone got any updates on when are what is the process or have a number I can call for any updates 

im a little behind you currently had schedule i should be tanking my drug test sometime this or next week.  They have me going to lighting.

Since you took your drug test next their gonna call for medical/physical exam, and do basic hairing and eye test. Then they will go over all your paper work and history again, then call you in for orientation. I believe it will be two days where they tell you about the unions and make you sign papers about pension and benefits etc. Then you they send you to the school were we took the test for 4-10 weeks of training depending on which department your in.

347-643-8219 or 347-643-8195

Hard to get a hold of people but if you call a few times over the week, someone will answer

Edited by Starsky

3 hours ago, Starsky said:

im a little behind you currently had schedule i should be tanking my drug test sometime this or next week.  They have me going to lighting.

Since you took your drug test next their gonna call for medical/physical exam, and do basic hairing and eye test. Then they will go over all your paper work and history again, then call you in for orientation. I believe it will be two days where they tell you about the unions and make you sign papers about pension and benefits etc. Then you they send you to the school were we took the test for 4-10 weeks of training depending on which department your in.

347-643-8219 or 347-643-8195

Hard to get a hold of people but if you call a few times over the week, someone will answer

Thanks for your response,

I called today and spoke to a lady who is in charge, she said they are waiting each department are something of the sort. There aren’t any dates currently, but I hope they’ll have one soon so I can get in there…I really want this job.

On 1/22/2024 at 7:08 PM, Rashane24 said:

Thanks for your response,

I called today and spoke to a lady who is in charge, she said they are waiting each department are something of the sort. There aren’t any dates currently, but I hope they’ll have one soon so I can get in there…I really want this job.

Same i want this job badly, basically they go by which of the 9 departments, needs, so they put me in lighting. Last year they added Car Maintainer Trainees, so thats the 9th department you could end up in. So basically nothing is set in stone for your department until after your done the 4-10 week training at the school, you can only transfer to another department after one year.

Edited by Starsky

16 hours ago, Starsky said:

Same i want this job badly, basically they go by which of the 9 departments, needs, so they put me in lighting. Last year they added Car Maintainer Trainees, so thats the 9th department you could end up in. So basically nothing is set in stone for your department until after your done the 4-10 week training at the school, you can only transfer to another department after one year.

I didn’t realize they put u in such a long training period. I wonder how people they waiting after the drug, the day I went it was pack. I don’t mind going into signal…I heard that’s where the money is been maked 

On 1/24/2024 at 5:26 PM, Rashane24 said:

I didn’t realize they put u in such a long training period. I wonder how people they waiting after the drug, the day I went it was pack. I don’t mind going into signal…I heard that’s where the money is been maked 

signals has the most over-time but is the most dangerous department hands down. you spend about 90 percent of your time around the live third rails. Thats why signals always needs the most people. The drug testing is insane literally 200-300 people a day. 

14 hours ago, Starsky said:

signals has the most over-time but is the most dangerous department hands down. you spend about 90 percent of your time around the live third rails. Thats why signals always needs the most people. The drug testing is insane literally 200-300 people a day. 

I knw have work in signal before some where else as an assistant, so I have a littte experience so am not worried abt the third am concerned abt how serious RWP is treated in the tubes under ground and how you clear up when a train is come and all that good stuff. I heard that helpers mainly flag..a friend a mind to me apply TEH, then spend a year get permanent and then take the test for signal. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 7:05 PM, Starsky said:

Have you heard anything abt any classes possibly starting?. I received a letter with my list number and exam results on in it.

13 hours ago, Rashane24 said:

Have you heard anything abt any classes possibly starting?. I received a letter with my list number and exam results on in it.

i called them and they told it should be few weeks to a few months, I was told i missed the last class. The classes usually take 4-8 weeks depending on what electrical department your in. You know the mta is so slow in their hiring process. So it might be 3-4 months before you even get offically hired and start classes.

8 hours ago, Starsky said:

i called them and they told it should be few weeks to a few months, I was told i missed the last class. The classes usually take 4-8 weeks depending on what electrical department your in. You know the mta is so slow in their hiring process. So it might be 3-4 months before you even get offically hired and start classes.

Ok kool, I sent an email today checking on the same thing to see when is the next set of classes…I’ll let you know if I get any feedback in the coming days. By the way did you get your list number?  

23 hours ago, Rashane24 said:

Ok kool, I sent an email today checking on the same thing to see when is the next set of classes…I’ll let you know if I get any feedback in the coming days. By the way did you get your list number?  

ye i did it came in letter in the mail.

On 2/6/2024 at 9:27 PM, Starsky said:

ye i did it came in letter in the mail.

Has anyone from exam 2610 been hired yet. Are have any idea if there are any classes scheduled for the coming months, I also heard they are moving from 180 Livingston at the of this month….an reply would be appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I am a Navy veteran and I took the electrical helper test, i m pretty sure I had a high score in the 90's but I am half color blind, I can see red light and green light perfectly.  but I always failed the "Ishihara test" and my doctor told me because of that I am half color blind. 

does anyone know if MTA Gives the "Ishihara test" for color vision?  I heard that they also make you take a traffic light test if you fail the "Ishihara test". 

Please help me out 

thank you, everyone. 

My list number is 127 and I got called in august of last year but still not hired . They’re bringing me in for my 3rd drug test . Idk what’s going on at this point /I don’t smoke or drink either . My license is good as well . 

8 hours ago, Rashane24 said:

That sucks, I was hoping by April r may. My list number is in the 300s so probably end of yearish 

they just called me and emailed me to come in next week, and your ahead of me since you already took your drug test, thats means the next class is coming soon. That means the current class is finishing up. Each class is 4-7 weeks and i believe they have 6 classes a year.

58 minutes ago, Starsky said:

they just called me and emailed me to come in next week, and your ahead of me since you already took your drug test, thats means the next class is coming soon. That means the current class is finishing up. Each class is 4-7 weeks and i believe they have 6 classes a year.

Sounds good, I thought you did your pre-employment and drug test already…any ways good luck, keep us posted 

2 hours ago, Sbean said:

My list number is 127 and I got called in august of last year but still not hired . They’re bringing me in for my 3rd drug test . Idk what’s going on at this point /I don’t smoke or drink either . My license is good as well . 

Which exam did you take…Reach out to them, you probably got lost in the weeds…try to get contact and find out what’s going on 

On 2/23/2024 at 6:24 PM, Rashane24 said:

Which exam did you take…Reach out to them, you probably got lost in the weeds…try to get contact and find out what’s going on 

On 2/23/2024 at 4:11 PM, Sbean said:

Did you reach out 

On 2/23/2024 at 6:22 PM, Rashane24 said:

Sounds good, I thought you did your pre-employment and drug test already…any ways good luck, keep us posted 

went in for drug test three days ago, sadly they sent me to signals, i wanted lighting like they had prior a month before.