Are 7 trains more reliable and running at faster speed with CBTC?

Marco927

CBTC are supposed to make the 7 trains more reliable. But on more several occasions recently, the 7 trains I was riding were stuck in stations 10 minutes for longer, because of signal problems. Why?

Are 7 trains running at faster speed now with CBTC? Can the 7 trains now make those sharp turns without slowing down too much? Can local trains and express trains go faster between stations? I am not sure it is that useful for 7 trains to go at a faster speed between stations, especially express trains. When the Flushing-bound express7 trains arrive early at Mets-Willets Point, do they need to wait to get into Main Street station? What is the point to go faster on route, only to stop and wait at Mets-Willets? Point

11 hours ago, Marco927 said:

I am not sure it is that useful for 7 trains to go at a faster speed between stations, especially express trains. When the Flushing-bound express7 trains arrive early at Mets-Willets Point, do they need to wait to get into Main Street station? What is the point to go faster on route, only to stop and wait at Mets-Willets? Point

Maybe hypothetically, there exists people who use express stations between Queensboro Plaza and Mets–Willets Point?

12 hours ago, Marco927 said:

CBTC are supposed to make the 7 trains more reliable. But on more several occasions recently, the 7 trains I was riding were stuck in stations 10 minutes for longer, because of signal problems. Why?

Are 7 trains running at faster speed now with CBTC? Can the 7 trains now make those sharp turns without slowing down too much? Can local trains and express trains go faster between stations? I am not sure it is that useful for 7 trains to go at a faster speed between stations, especially express trains. When the Flushing-bound express7 trains arrive early at Mets-Willets Point, do they need to wait to get into Main Street station? What is the point to go faster on route, only to stop and wait at Mets-Willets? Point

CBTC is designed to run trains closer to one another, but unfortunately that doesn't mean you're going to get a faster ride per se. Trains being held at Mets-Willets Point Blvd are usually caused by other trains being present in the Main Street terminal that haven't departed yet, where all tracks might already be occupied at the moment. Like I mentioned before, CBTC isn't going to magically speed up your trip, it will however help with increasing frequency.

12 hours ago, Marco927 said:

Replies to your question in bold

Are 7 trains running at faster speed now with CBTC? Yes

Can the 7 trains now make those sharp turns without slowing down too much? Somewhat

Can local trains and express trains go faster between stations? Local, it depends. Express, Yes

When the Flushing-bound express 7 trains arrive early at Mets-Willets Point, do they need to wait to get into Main Street station? Yes, they occupy only the Middle tracks and the one on the left

What is the point to go faster on route, only to stop and wait at Mets-Willets? To avoid train congestion at the Main St terminal and keep in contact of drop-outs happening during the rush hour. 

12 hours ago, Calvin said:
On 8/27/2022 at 10:38 AM, Marco927 said:

What is the point to go faster on route, only to stop and wait at Mets-Willets?

To avoid train congestion at the Main St terminal and keep in contact of drop-outs happening during the rush hour.

This is actually one of the better situations compared to Crown Heights–Utica Avenue. With the (4), you’re going to run into the same situation but also be stuck in the tunnel watching (3) trains pass by.