MTA Bus Company B/O Exams - No Fee to Apply!! (Open Until Further Notice)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

As a friendly reminder, when you submit your online application, you must have either your Class B CDL (Commercial Driver License) or your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner Permit) with the Passenger "P" endorsement. They will run your abstract prior to you reporting for pre-employment. Therefore, as long as you have your temporary, or paper permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles, you will be fine.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

Good luck!!

(Updated 3/19/2024)

4 hours ago, Harlem said:

The A1C is a blood test. Are they drawing blood or just having people pee in a cup? If you have elevated sugar in your urine you may have uncontrolled diabetes that’s why people are getting jammed up.

They don’t draw any blood. 

On 8/29/2023 at 2:58 PM, DEE123 said:

My list number is under 10 I’m sure they called a certain amount of people from each exam. Like 1-50 1-100 idk really

Ok i am number 115 i guess is too soon,good luck tho & thanks for responding 

2 hours ago, yan87 said:
2 hours ago, yan87 said:

But did u take exam 4104 ? And if so how long it took for them to call u for medical ?

I took 4104 and took the drug test exactly 1 month after the exam, Took medical exactly one week after. So I got my job offer 5 weeks after the exam. 
You shouldn’t put your exact list number for privacy reasons. As you can see I said my list number is under 10 and not the exact number.  
That’s why you see A lot of people put a star on the last digit or last two digits such as 11*

9 hours ago, DEE123 said:

I took 4104 and took the drug test exactly 1 month after the exam, Took medical exactly one week after. So I got my job offer 5 weeks after the exam. 
You shouldn’t put your exact list number for privacy reasons. As you can see I said my list number is under 10 and not the exact number.  
That’s why you see A lot of people put a star on the last digit or last two digits such as 11*

Wow that was super fast congrats  that was awesome, well that means ill take them  a lil while to call me... and about the number list i was not aware thanks for the heads up

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2023 at 8:16 AM, yan87 said:

Ok i am number 115 i guess is too soon,good luck tho & thanks for responding 

When you finish your medical let me know if they threw you in JFK like they did for me. 

I had to re apply for the same title because from what I hear JFK and far Rockaway has a long wait list to be transferred out and by the time you get called to transfer to another depot, you’re already like 5 years in. 

Just now, DEE123 said:

When you finish your medical let me know if they threw you in JFK like they did for me. 

I had to re apply for the same title because from what I hear JFK and far Rockaway has a long wait list to be transferred out and by the time you get called to transfer to another depot, you’re already like 5 years in. 

I would love to work it out, but it’s way too far away from my house, Every time I pick up family from that airport it’s a grueling task that takes up 4 hours out of my day.  I don’t want to make that my everyday commute if I can help it. That’s 20 hours a week that can be spent sleeping, or doing overtime. All the other bus company depots are no more than 30 minutes from my house with traffic. 

• +Young+ changed the title to MTA Bus Company B/O Exam # 4313 - No Fee to Apply!!

I got an email on Monday night to process my application and drug test for 4104 for this Monday the 25th at 6:30AM, but was already hired off that list and i'm currently doing training in Zerega. Yesterday I got a letter in the mail stating my list number for exam 4311. I was calling both the numbers all week and sending emails because I was confused, and no answer, did anybody else get an email to show up for exam 4104? or did MTA finish that list and they're on 4311? I'm hoping it wasn't an accident because I must go to work Monday and I cannot make it.

• +Young+ changed the title to MTA Bus Company B/O Exams - No Fee to Apply!! (Open Until Further Notice)