MTA Bus Company B/O Exams - No Fee to Apply!! (Open Until Further Notice)

+Young+
Message added by +Young+,

As a friendly reminder, when you submit your online application, you must have either your Class B CDL (Commercial Driver License) or your Class B CLP (Commercial Learner Permit) with the Passenger "P" endorsement. They will run your abstract prior to you reporting for pre-employment. Therefore, as long as you have your temporary, or paper permit from the Department of Motor Vehicles, you will be fine.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com. Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement. If you would like and/or need more information into obtaining your Commercial Driver's License (CDL), click here.

When you are ready to go to the Department of Motor Vehicles, click here to make a reservation for yourself.

Good luck!!

(Updated 3/19/2024)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, misslo said:

Welp, I went for the OA and MTA test and totally overlooked that they require CDL permits or CDL licence to do the exams now. :( 

I think you can file for both exams again since it’s still open. 
I swear I was so scared to apply that the day I decided to file, I took the ELDT and then took the passenger endorsement at the DMV directly afterwards. 

I took both exams today. Like 33% of the questions were the same questions I had from exam 3601 last year. All you really have to do is read each answer carefully and go back to the question. 
the only hard part is the memory portion and reason why is because after the memory portion they made everyone hand out booklets and fill more stuff out, so you’re not answering the questions from the memory portion until like 15 minutes after looking at the memorization picture book. 

• +Young+ changed the title to MTA Bus Company B/O Exam # 4312 - No Fee to Apply!!
On 7/19/2023 at 2:14 PM, misslo said:

Welp, I went for the OA and MTA test and totally overlooked that they require CDL permits or CDL licence to do the exams now. :( 

It looks like they changed the exam number again so you should consider applying for both exams again. 

Took the exam on the 19th. I got my list number and exam score in the mail sometime earlier so I hope everyone is checking their Mail.

I got my list number in the top 5 for both exams 4302 and 4104 and scored 96 on the exam. I don’t know if it’s an error or what. 

only issue i’m having is being 18 lbs over the BMI requirement, so Im hoping I don’t have to do medical within the next month lol. 

9 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Took the exam on the 19th. I got my list number and exam score in the mail sometime earlier so I hope everyone is checking their Mail.

I got my list number in the top 5 for both exams 4302 and 4104 and scored 96 on the exam. I don’t know if it’s an error or what. 

only issue i’m having is being 18 lbs over the BMI requirement, so Im hoping I don’t have to do medical within the next month lol. 

First of all, as per the guidelines, can you please refrain from "bumping topics?" I see that you "bumped" three of them at the same time.

Second, congrats on your list number! I highly doubt that it's an error, since the agency is desperately looking for Bus Operators.

Although this is a public forum, I have a couple of questions for you:

-How much exercise are you getting on a regular basis, such as walking around your neighborhood (providing it's safe to do so)?

-How many calories, or how much food, are you taking in on a regular basis?

Eighteen pounds is not a lot, and, if you start making some changes, hopefully, by the time you report to 180 Livingston Street, you will meet the BMI requirement!

Good luck!

Edited by +Young+

11 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

First of all, as per the guidelines, can you please refrain from "bumping topics?" I see that you "bumped" three of them at the same time.

Second, congrats on your list number! I highly doubt that it's an error, since the agency is desperately looking for Bus Operators.

Although this is a public forum, I have a couple of questions for you:

-How much exercise are you getting on a regular basis, such as walking around your neighborhood (providing it's safe to do so)?

-How many calories, or how much food, are you taking in on a regular basis?

Eighteen pounds is not a lot, and, if you start making some changes, hopefully, by the time you report to 180 Livingston Street, you will meet the BMI requirement!

Good luck!

Not doing any exercise yet I’m just at a caloric deficit about 2,000 a day on average. Lost 20 lbs last month. 

53 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

I think I need to drop some pounds. The stress on this job gets to you. I stress over eat. 

Go on YouTube and search snake diet or Cole Robinson. His advice is free, and he has the most results out of any other coach in the country. On his instagram and Facebook page it’s filled with results after results of people losing 100+ pounds every week. He preaches a fasting focused lifestyle. He’s pretty hardcore and rigid but his stuff works 100%. 

56 minutes ago, lornaevo said:

I think I need to drop some pounds. The stress on this job gets to you. I stress over eat. 

Are you more stressed now at NYCT vs when you were in MTA Bus? You don’t have to exactly go in depth as to why if it would get you in trouble but was it the crossover that got you stressed out? Or was it always a stressful job to you?

15 hours ago, DEE123 said:

Are you more stressed now at NYCT vs when you were in MTA Bus? You don’t have to exactly go in depth as to why if it would get you in trouble but was it the crossover that got you stressed out? Or was it always a stressful job to you?

This is a good question. I think the stress is more with TA than with MTAB. Well in my case I like to stay busy and work a lot. At TA I am getting on average 50% less hours than I was at MTAB and I’m working late nights. I don’t really enjoy working after dark so I think that has a huge impact on it. I’ve probably gained 20lbs or so in the last couple months. 

1 hour ago, lornaevo said:

This is a good question. I think the stress is more with TA than with MTAB. Well in my case I like to stay busy and work a lot. At TA I am getting on average 50% less hours than I was at MTAB and I’m working late nights. I don’t really enjoy working after dark so I think that has a huge impact on it. I’ve probably gained 20lbs or so in the last couple months. 

Ok the bright side you qualify for the Train operator promotional exam. 

2 hours ago, someblackkid said:

Anyone knows when they'll start calling people in?

Did you get your results and list number. I’m in the top 5 list number. I would assume they’re gonna call me this month. 

25 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

Good for you! Keep up the work!!

Thanks man. I appreciate the kind words.