Bidding and Bumping MNRR

HardWorkin

So I finally got in MNRR railroad just waiting for my start date. It’s been a long time coming so I’m excited but I’m a little worried about the bidding and bumping. When you first get in, do you choose your schedule depending on what’s left or as a new hire your given a schedule? Also do they take where you live in consideration? I’m not sure if I’m gonna be placed at GCT but I would prefer it because I live in queens , couldn’t imagaine having to go to Harmon everyday ..

On 5/26/2023 at 1:53 PM, HardWorkin said:

So I finally got in MNRR railroad just waiting for my start date. It’s been a long time coming so I’m excited but I’m a little worried about the bidding and bumping. When you first get in, do you choose your schedule depending on what’s left or as a new hire your given a schedule? Also do they take where you live in consideration? I’m not sure if I’m gonna be placed at GCT but I would prefer it because I live in queens , couldn’t imagaine having to go to Harmon everyday ..

Congratulations and what job? When you first start you get placed wherever there is an opening you don't get to choose.

9 hours ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Congratulations and what job? When you first start you get placed wherever there is an opening you don't get to choose.

Thank you & Terminal attendant. And okay I figured it would be a situation where I would have to just accept what they have. I heard the union changed things up , that if you started after April you can’t bid out until a year , is that true? 
Do you see any open terminal position on your bulletin?

Edited by HardWorkin

53 minutes ago, HardWorkin said:

Thank you & Terminal attendant. And okay I figured it would be a situation where I would have to just accept what they have. I heard the union changed things up , that if you started after April you can’t bid out until a year , is that true? 
Do you see any open terminal position on your bulletin?

That was always the rule it just wasn't enforced and they let new hires bid after 3 months but they stopped it. They want all new hires in their hired position for atleast a year unless you get bumped. Definitely have some openings at GCT.

25 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

That was always the rule it just wasn't enforced and they let new hires bid after 3 months but they stopped it. They want all new hires in their hired position for atleast a year unless you get bumped. Definitely have some openings at GCT.

Oh ok . I hope for that reason , I get a schedule I can work with . And okay lots of open positions is good. Praying I get something that isn’t too conflicting. Question , you think it’s possible having a second job while also being a terminal attendant? 

Edited by HardWorkin

38 minutes ago, HardWorkin said:

Oh ok . I hope for that reason , I get a schedule I can work with . And okay lots of open positions is good. Praying I get something that isn’t too conflicting. Question , you think it’s possible having a second job while also being a terminal attendant? 

Some guys do. You have to fill out some paperwork and it has to be approved by HR I believe but yeah it's possible.

1 hour ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Some guys do. You have to fill out some paperwork and it has to be approved by HR I believe but yeah it's possible.

Okay that’s assuring , I was sure having a second job could get tricky , with the risk of being bumped and not knowing if your schedule is gonna change Up.