So I saw this on the Wikipedia article about MTA's current bus fleet

UltraRandom1YT

I came across this table about the future and speculated about what the fleet numbers of these buses might be if they all end up getting built.

The table in question

What I thought the fleet numbers might be:

2024 NFI XHE40: 5250<---->5251

2024 Nova LFSe: 9911<---->9915 (because at some point, we were going to have Nova LFS hybrids with those numbers but that didn't happen)

2024 NFI XE60: 1110<---->1199 (because it perfectly fills the number gap between the XN60s and the 2010 LFSAs)

Unknown Van Hool electric model: 5025<---->5029 (because it continues from the new XE40s)

Unknown 40ft diesel model (probably going to be NFI XD40 but who knows): 2790<---->3137

2024 NFI XD60: 6287<---->6531

2025 NFI XD60: 6532<---->6956

Unknown 40ft electric model (probably going to be either NFI XE40 or Proterra ZX5 but again, who knows): 3138<---->3517

Unknown 40ft CNG model (probably going to be NFI XN40 but once again, who knows): 3518<---->3900

Prevost X3-45 2nd Gen (MTA Bus): 1630<---->1879

Prevost X3-45 2nd Gen (NYCT): 1880<---->2010

And last but not least:

Unknown 40ft hybrid model (probably going to be NFI XDE40 but for the last time, who knows): 3901<---->4110

Do these make any sense or do you think you can do better? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them.

The reason for future numbers was deleted was there was bus orders that were cancelled or never ordered because that one particular bus failed a specific test. Even equipment that you never see operate was bought or sent here for testing or service operations wind up being sent back after a few days. The (MTA) plays a “Now you see it, now you don’t” scheme. Day 1, people be like “I wanna see it on this route or that route”.… but Day 2, it was sent back. Why? It failed twice: 1. Breakers didn’t malfunction right. 2. Miscellaneous parts. 3. Bus making company went belly up 

3 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

The reason for future numbers was deleted was there was bus orders that were cancelled or never ordered because that one particular bus failed a specific test. Even equipment that you never see operate was bought or sent here for testing or service operations wind up being sent back after a few days. The (MTA) plays a “Now you see it, now you don’t” scheme. Day 1, people be like “I wanna see it on this route or that route”.… but Day 2, it was sent back. Why? It failed twice: 1. Breakers didn’t malfunction right. 2. Miscellaneous parts. 3. Bus making company went belly up

Now that I think about it, that makes a lot of sense. But then again, it's probably best not to take most of what I say at face value. However, one thing that would make sense to take at face value is that there's no harm in speculating. Unfortunately, there's a lot about the system that I thought I knew, but whatever that may be, it's now become clear to me that I don't know nearly as much as I thought I did.

3 hours ago, FLX9304 said:

The (MTA) plays a “Now you see it, now you don’t” scheme. Day 1, people be like “I wanna see it on this route or that route”.… but Day 2, it was sent back. Why? It failed twice: 1. Breakers didn’t malfunction right. 2. Miscellaneous parts. 3. Bus making company went belly up

Oh, and as for this, maybe (MTA)does this because some higher-up there knows that no matter what they do, the transit fan community will have something to criticize about it, because that's just how transit fan communities are no matter where you find them. Or not.

1 hour ago, UltraRandom1YT said:

Oh, and as for this, maybe (MTA)does this because some higher-up there knows that no matter what they do, the transit fan community will have something to criticize about it, because that's just how transit fan communities are no matter where you find them. Or not.

You're thinking a little too much and too hard into these things.

The MTA can give two shits about what the fan community thinks.

2 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

You're thinking a little too much and too hard into these things.

The MTA can give two shits about what the fan community thinks.

Like I said before, I don't know as much as I thought I did about the transit system. Fortunately, there are people like you here who may be able to fix that and prevent future new members from making the same mistake I made (this being that I let my overactive imagination go straight influence my actions). But I'll leave it up to you to decide if you would do that.

P.S. I love your videos and I hope I haven't made a bad first impression on you...but now I'm going to shut up and go do something else for a while.

Just now, UltraRandom1YT said:

Fortunately, there are people like you here who may be able to fix that and prevent future new members from making the same mistake I made (this being that I let my overactive imagination go straight influence my actions).

I didn't mean to add "go straight"...well, actually, I originally meant to say "go straight to my head" but that wouldn't make any sense.