Former member of SubChat

Elkeeper

I look forward to posting here, now that SubChat has apparently closed down. From what i have been able to ascertain, SubChat was shut due to vicious accusations from a Chicago poster against another member of the site. Sadly, the original SubTalk was closed down for the same reasons. My specialty is information, especially dates, about subway and elevated lines prior to the MTA takeover. Hope to meet new people here, as well as to chat with former members of SubChat!

Despite the issues on SubChat there was a significant amount of historical photos, stories and personal accounts of experiences from decades past on that site that cannot be replaced and are a travesty to lose. I wish at least the old posts were archived and not lost. I will say as a member of this site since 2010 I have had a great experience here for the past 14 years (wow it's really been that long, still remember when I first joined) although there are some rules to follow (example this thread is technically supposed to be under a different sub forum not photos and videos, and simply refrain from spamming and making multiple posts). The moderation here keeps a good job at keeping the noise and distractions away after a fair warning. There are many new members starting here at a young age seeking to learn. Hoping to see more long-time members from SubChat arrive here and share valuable historical transit information and photos and their personal experiences. 

28 minutes ago, 4P3607 said:

Despite the issues on SubChat there was a significant amount of historical photos, stories and personal accounts of experiences from decades past on that site that cannot be replaced and are a travesty to lose. I wish at least the old posts were archived and not lost. I will say as a member of this site since 2010 I have had a great experience here for the past 14 years (wow it's really been that long, still remember when I first joined) although there are some rules to follow (example this thread is technically supposed to be under a different sub forum not photos and videos, and simply refrain from spamming and making multiple posts). The moderation here keeps a good job at keeping the noise and distractions away after a fair warning. There are many new members starting here at a young age seeking to learn. Hoping to see more long-time members from SubChat arrive here and share valuable historical transit information and photos and their personal experiences. 

I fully agree. Someone had posted the R142A mock-up from Pelham 123 on subchat and now those pics are lost forever.

18 hours ago, Elkeeper said:

I look forward to posting here, now that SubChat has apparently closed down. From what i have been able to ascertain, SubChat was shut due to vicious accusations from a Chicago poster against another member of the site. Sadly, the original SubTalk was closed down for the same reasons. My specialty is information, especially dates, about subway and elevated lines prior to the MTA takeover. Hope to meet new people here, as well as to chat with former members of SubChat!

I just assumed the database had crashed again and he couldn't get it to work again.  The software was ancient and the hardware probably was too.

I find that on this site they mostly talk about current operations.  There is limited historical discussion.  I was always more interested in the historical myself.

20 hours ago, zacster said:

I just assumed the database had crashed again and he couldn't get it to work again.  The software was ancient and the hardware probably was too.

I find that on this site they mostly talk about current operations.  There is limited historical discussion.  I was always more interested in the historical myself.

I checked sub chat just now, and it appears to be back online again