City Hall Tour

yearsnowlost

Hey everyone-

Has anyone heard about or is going to the City Hall Tour sponsored by the Transit Museum on December 14th?

My Dad and I have called the Transit Museum, but we haven't gotten an answer.

The site that we found the tour on is: http://www.mta.info/mta/museum/programs.htm

Does anyone have any information we might be able to use? We haven't been able to contact anyone.

Thanks!

Hey everyone-

Has anyone heard about or is going to the City Hall Tour sponsored by the Transit Museum on December 14th?

The site that we found the tour on is: http://www.mta.info/mta/museum/programs.htm

Does anyone have any information we might be able to use? We haven't been able to contact anyone.

Thanks!

Call the number for the Transit Museum and odds are the call will not be picked up but that is OK. Leave a message with all of your info and requesting the reservation and you will get a call back telling you if you got it or if the event sold out (in which case you'd be on the waiting list). The reason it is done like this is so that the first people to call and book are put on the list first - the museum's tour coordinator processes all the calls received in order - so that way it's fair to everyone, they are placed on the list first come first serve, regardless of whether or not someone is there to take the call at the exact moment they dial in. Just be advised you'll need to get a membership...your post says you're 19, so if you're a student you can get a discounted membership.

I don't know offhand if the current tour is sold out but it's definitely worth a shot to get in if you're able...but if not, they will do it again when the next calendar comes up so the day the calendar comes out make your reservations to go...but a lot of these things you should book early just because there is high demand (sign shop, yard tours, city hall, food tours) - but definitely give another call sometime soon, if it's not sold out you just might get in.

Hey everyone-

Thanks!

Welcome new member. I don't know if you are a member of the Transit Mesuem, but that's the only way you'll get to be on that tour. Try giving them another call or ask to speak to Luz, she's the one doing the tour!

I went to the tour back in March and it was real nice, you have to meet @ Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall on the Downtown and Brooklyn bound platform in the front. Then you board on the (6) train and the T/O drops everyone off @ the Old City Hall station. They give a 5 minute speech about the old station and last 55 minutes or so you get to take lots of pics and/or vids of the (6) trains going around the loop.

Thanks Guys.

My Dad is a member, so I'll be going with him. We called first about a week ago, and we've been calling every few days since (I really hope it's not sold out, but if it is I'll just do it another time).

But thanks a lot, I will ask for Luz. Hopefully I can get this experience; my Dad has already been there several times but he wanted to bring me because I have a love for subways that is almost as great as his, if not more!

;)

Thanks Guys.

My Dad is a member, so I'll be going with him. We called first about a week ago, and we've been calling every few days since (I really hope it's not sold out, but if it is I'll just do it another time).

But thanks a lot, I will ask for Luz. Hopefully I can get this experience; my Dad has already been there several times but he wanted to bring me because I have a love for subways that is almost as great as his, if not more!

;)

Yep it is quite a cool experience, but just a word of caution if you get in not borne of personal experience but rather watching others..."don't wear white" :D

Archived