Roosevelt Boulevard subway station at Adams Avenue

ghome

Does anyone have pics and more information about the builted but unused subway station at Roosevelt Boulevard and Adams Avenue. I know Sears builted the station in 1967 for subway extension that never happen. I also know the station was destroyed in 1994. Does anyone has pics of that station?

Does anyone have pics and more information about the builted but unused subway station at Roosevelt Boulevard and Adams Avenue. I know Sears builted the station in 1967 for subway extension that never happen. I also know the station was destroyed in 1994. Does anyone has pics of that station?

You might try to ask the locals there... they might take photos of it before demolition. ;)

I never heard of this station before. I know there was an extension plan to built it along the Roosevelt Blvd but that extension was canceled due to the depression. There is a ramp that leads to the supposed to be Roosevelt blvd extension but it is currently used for Maintenance Of Way storage.

I will check with others on this.

• 1 month later...

According to http://www.phillyroads.com/roads/roosevelt/

"In anticipation of the subway extension portion of the project, Sears even built a subway station at its Northeast Philadelphia property, at a cost of $1 million. (The underground station, which was completed in 1967, was destroyed when the massive Sears complex was imploded in 1994.)"

Archived