Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
mark1447

R32 on the (A)

BTW check out my Dec 17-19 Shots here =]~ :

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6949

I was rfing today and when I took the (D) train next to 116th street an R32 (A)[207th-Inwood bound] Passed. About 9:45PM. Could this be linked to the (C) getting the 32s?

Or is this 32 from Concourse

Edited by mark1447

Wow thats really cool! I haven't seen R32's on the (A) in so long!!!! I wish they had full time R32's!!! I hate the R38's, R44's, and R42's on that line. R40M's are ok. :cool:

Wow thats really cool! I haven't seen R32's on the (A) in so long!!!! I wish they had full time R32's!!! I hate the R38's, R44's, and R42's on that line. R40M's are ok. :cool:

i totally agree with you. R42s and R44s are the two worst cars in the system. R40Ms are the improved version of the R42s and R40 slants, and R38s are the crappier version of the R32s, though putting them on the A makes them look better

i totally agree with you. R42s and R44s are the two worst cars in the system. R40Ms are the improved version of the R42s and R40 slants, and R38s are the crappier version of the R32s, though putting them on the A makes them look better

You are crazy. Ask any T/O here, most of them will say they love the brakes on the Slants. I know NASCAR does.

R32 cars are not stored at the Concourse Yard in the Bronx. The only cars are the R68's used on the (D) and R142, R142S and R62 for the (4). R32's are generally stored at the Jamaica Yard in Queens for the (E)(F) and (R), and either at 207th Street for (A) or Pitkin for the (A)(C), but I could be wrong about that, if I am, correct me.

R32 cars are not stored at the Concourse Yard in the Bronx. The only cars are the R68's used on the (D) and R142, R142S and R62 for the (4). R32's are generally stored at the Jamaica Yard in Queens for the (E)(F) and (R), and either at 207th Street for (A) or Pitkin for the (A)(C), but I could be wrong about that, if I am, correct me.

Last time I was up there, some R32's were stored up there. They are not intended to run in service its just extra storage until they get those cars down to 207 and onto the barge.

PS Harry - nice signature pic :)

wrong they are loads of them at Cocnorse yd, every friday i pass there I see them, check out my latest shots and you will see them there:

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6949

BTW comment on my shots too :)

Oh sure, thanks for the info, my mistake. Sorry.

lol no harm done :) thanks for your comment btw B)