Conductor schoolcar question

mikecintel

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if you are a conductor and go to school car how is it? What test you have to pass in school car. What do they teach you? I am looking forward to be a conductor. I always wanted to be a conductor or a train operator. I just took the DCAS exam and my score is 81 and I know as of right now 1-14-09 we don't have the final answer key yet but I want to know ahead of time for the conductor schoolcar if I pass the medical and the drug exam.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me if you are a conductor and go to school car how is it? What test you have to pass in school car. What do they teach you? I am looking forward to be a conductor. I always wanted to be a conductor or a train operator. I just took the DCAS exam and my score is 81 and I know as of right now 1-14-09 we don't have the final answer key yet but I want to know ahead of time for the conductor schoolcar if I pass the medical and the drug exam.

Thanks

Mike

If your score is 81 don't plan on being called for a few years if you get called at all.

They teach you how to make the proper announcments and to open and close the doors in school.

Hi Zman,

Thanks I see. Well 88 is better then what I have so. Like I siad I have to see what is the "Final answer key" I hope when the "Final Answer Key" comes I hope the ones I got wrong will be right so I will be called much faster. 4 years to get called is a long time but I think as long as you have a job that is find. Then 4 years will pass quickly but if you don't have a job 4 years is a long wait. Yes you never know anything can happen.

Also what does schoolcar test you on as a conductor? I hope it is easy.

Mike

Hi Da Prodigy,

Yes I think so because I took the other exams from DCAS and they start I think from people who all got 100 first and then all the people in 90's and then 80's and last but not least the people who got 70's.

Mike

No. 100 is not the top number. People that claimed veteran's credit can score higher than 100. The minimum passing grade is 75. Also, this is just for the Open Competitive people. The MTA will be using the promotional list first before moving up to the open competitive list. There is no specific time frame of when and if you will be called. You just have wait and be patient.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

Wow that sucks I got a 92 so does that mean I will get a first year call

Probably not. The MTA will use the promotional list first before going to the open competitive list.

No. 100 is not the top number. People that claimed veteran's credit can score higher than 100. The minimum passing grade is 75. Also, this is just for the Open Competitive people. The MTA will be using the promotional list first before moving up to the open competitive list. There is no specific time frame of when and if you will be called. You just have wait and be patient.

Hi Juilo,

Yes I forgot to mention about veteran's credit too. Oh it is not 75 it is 70. That is what DCAS exams says "THE TEST: You will be given a multiple-choice test. You must achieve a score of at least 70% to pass the test. Well that you are right there is no specific time when and if the person will be called on. Yes everything is a waiting game you got that right.

Archived