SEPTA re-designs website

metsfan

Haven't been to Philly in 30 years. Wonder what the system looks like now? Last cars I remember were the R9-like cars on the Broad St line and cars that looked similar on the outside to the R32-38 (but narrower) on the Frankfort. Map looks nice. I was looking at a 1980s era map

http://www.svmetro.com/septawatch/maps/img/conrail-redrawing-medium.png

and recalled there was a SEPTA forum. Was hoping to find some older car stock info

Haven't been to Philly in 30 years. Wonder what the system looks like now? Last cars I remember were the R9-like cars on the Broad St line and cars that looked similar on the outside to the R32-38 (but narrower) on the Frankfort. Map looks nice. I was looking at a 1980s era map

http://www.svmetro.com/septawatch/maps/img/conrail-redrawing-medium.png

and recalled there was a SEPTA forum. Was hoping to find some older car stock info

That site also has a fantasy map.

Actually, that is how the map looked when :septa: took over from conrail. Note the line to newtown, and the lack of a connection to new hope past warminster. Reading RR had a line to new hope past warminster, but when conrail took over the service didnt go past warminster. As for the newtown section past fox chase that line needs to be re-activated NOW!

- A

Actually, that is how the map looked when :septa: took over from conrail. Note the line to newtown, and the lack of a connection to new hope past warminster. Reading RR had a line to new hope past warminster, but when conrail took over the service didnt go past warminster. As for the newtown section past fox chase that line needs to be re-activated NOW!

- A

You talking about the map in the link? That's a 1980s era map according to the site

You talking about the map in the link? That's a 1980s era map according to the site

Yep, :septa: took over from conrail in 1983. Before that conrail operated the former rail lines associated with penn central/prr and reading rr. Some stations to this day have keystone logos somewhere to be found.

- A

It's not even really a fantasy, since all of those rail lines, tracks etc are there, just some electrification, signaling, a second or 3rd track in some spots and one line (to newtown from fox chase) needs 100% rebuild from the embankment up.

There is room for stations & parking at all of the propose station locations as well.

It's more a lack of funding than a lack of imagination at this point. If obama & biden keep their promises we may see a few billion pumped into :septa: to make at least part of this a reality. The idea that (MTA) (NJT) and :septa: hold hands and need policy that acknowledges the meshing areas, and the actions needed to keep them meshed embraced by federal funding = you will see some/most/all of the ideas you've seen come into reality. Not because they are neat idea, but because they work and make total sense.

I will e-mail them about it tomorrow.

- A

Yeah that's the fantasy map I was talking about! I love this map!

That is not a fantasy map it is the map with the future planned extensions on the rail lines. The orange line extension to the naval yard and bustleton are in this years 2009 fiscal report.

R6 is being extended to Reading.

:septa:

It's not even really a fantasy, since all of those rail lines, tracks etc are there, just some electrification, signaling, a second or 3rd track in some spots and one line (to newtown from fox chase) needs 100% rebuild from the embankment up.

There is room for stations & parking at all of the propose station locations as well.

It's more a lack of funding than a lack of imagination at this point. If obama & biden keep their promises we may see a few billion pumped into :septa: to make at least part of this a reality. The idea that (MTA) (NJT) and :septa: hold hands and need policy that acknowledges the meshing areas, and the actions needed to keep them meshed embraced by federal funding = you will see some/most/all of the ideas you've seen come into reality. Not because they are neat idea, but because they work and make total sense.

- A

That is not a fantasy map it is the map with the future planned extensions on the rail lines. The orange line extension to the naval yard and bustleton are in this years 2009 fiscal report.

Philly would be a bangin place to live if they fill out that map. Here's hoping the 'fantasy' becomes reality

- A

Isn't the BSL extension to NE Philly stalled or something?

Archived