Personal R142 for Trainz!

• 4 months later...

OK. I just finished the model R179 set. The cars are each 75'6" long, leading to a total train length of 604', and arranged in ABBA sets. Note: the ABBA sets in this case are arranged in ascending order, so that the A cars are 3 apart. For instance, the set I posted here is 3125-3126-3127-3128 instead of 3126-3125-3127-3128. There are still only 16 doors on each car rather than 20., and the interior design is almost an NTT tribute to the R44/R46. Below are screenshots.

R179ABBAFront.jpg

R179ABBAACarSide.jpg

R179ABBABCarSide.jpg

R179ABBAACarInteriorFacingCab.jpg

R179ABBAACarInteriorFacingBack.jpg

R179ABBABCarInterior.jpg

If anyone wants to put this in Trainz, PM me and I'll e-mail you the .skp file.

• 10 months later...

Not as of yet. So far the R179s have gone through about five different revisions and the current version looks like a cross between an M8 and an R44 with R160-style LED interior diplays (see it at http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17435 Note: the railway in the pictures is a giant SketchUp model, not a Trainz line. Frankly, these cars are a long way from being Trainz-ready. When they are finished, I am sorry to say they will not be on the download station because I cannot access it. I'll post on another thread when they are done and you guys can PM me then.

Archived