You will not believe what i saw on the F train today

Again, to the best of my knowledge, the rules of conduct are not law. You can't be arrested for taking up more than one seat, the most that could happen is removal from the system and a fine from the MTA. Non-compliance is another issue altogether, but both of these things have nothing to do with needing an ID.

I'm convinced this never happened anyway.

If the rules are not laws, how then can the police give you a summons for a violation when a summons is given instead of an arrest?

Again, to the best of my knowledge, the rules of conduct are not law. You can't be arrested for taking up more than one seat, the most that could happen is removal from the system and a fine from the MTA. Non-compliance is another issue altogether, but both of these things have nothing to do with needing an ID.

I'm convinced this never happened anyway.

If rules are not laws, than why do some cops take you in if you take pictures, them? The (MTA) is not the justice system so they can't fine you, but the police can, and disobeying a cop is one problem, and refusing to show identification is another, and finally, resisiting arrest, is another.

Archived