List of cuts and hikes for LIRR....

Homeslice

Well, it'll not be Sardine. It may benefit people all along the LIRR Line since there is still the Hempstead Line right near it, walking distance!

He's talking about Port Washington. Have you studied the LIRR map recently? The Port Washington branch, except in the city, is nowhere close to any point on the Hempstead Line.

Ew, sardines.

This CAN (not saying will) affect the economic growth of the city. Think about it, if the fares shoot up like crazy all of a sudden, the people might consider working closer around home. People will shop around their locales, rather than the city.

Times are terrible, it's awful if they have to do this. But if they lower fares and bring on more service, do you think the agency can hold long? I mean, the money is not for running service, but maintaining the tracks, procuring new equipment, pay the workers etc... It's all about money.

It IS all about money, but that is all they care about. As always they do NOT care about the people. If they have to raise fares, do NOT decrease service! That'd be our call, our cue, our ticket, to move elsewhere.

Well fare hikes are painful, but service cuts mean a lot. I mean, don't you want people to ride your service? Come on, give us some customer satisfaction.

• 3 weeks later...
It's the MTA. There IS no such thing as customer satisfaction.

I hear a plan could be passed this week. I hope so, because if it's not, we're certainly doomed.

It will bump subway and bus fares to $2.25, but I haven't heard much word on LIB or LIRR/MNR fares.

Archived