Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
DX Local Train

Lower Level of the 167 St (B)(D) Station

What lower level? Neither the NYCSubway.org station page nor the track map show any lower level...

These stairs actually led to a trolley tunnel under 167th Street. The cars use this as an underpass to get under Grand Concourse. There was a trolley stop in that tunnel.

well thank god that they closed it down it'd be real dangerous at night

Now it is, back then, when there was the trolley, it wasn't. But they removed the trolley line.

Really i didnt know that

A year or two earlier, I was standing from the el platform at Yankee watching the construction going on. I used to ride the 4 in the morning. Now I HATED it.

Oh God I hate The (4) Its Always delayed idk why but it always is and in the morning you never know when its gonna be a (4) or<4> cause it dont always skip 139st

That's not a problem for me, I go uptown in the morning.

Lucky You I Go Down Town If I wanna Take The (4) and i got to wall street

Lucky me? It's sometimes so crowded that even by Bedford Park Blvd, you can't find a seat.

I Know The (4) Is Crowed Cause Once It hits 167 you dont have a seat and if you find one you gotta shove to get ther before anyone else thats why i changed to the (A)(:P©(D)(E)(R)(W)

Oh man... you have to FIGHT for a seat on the 4. Getting on at Brooklyn Bridge and finding a seat at Grand Central is considered lucky. Not being able to find a seat after 86th Street means PROBLEM.

And that's as of 6:45.

What fight More Like WAR on the (4)<4> and dont get me started on trying to find a seat on the (D) At 145st

Well man, I don't know about the downtown rush traffic in the morning, because I don't use them at all. But I know that people at 7:30 would race down from nowhere at Bedford Park to jockey for the D.