Queens - Nassau Transit?

traildriver

I remember way back in the mid 1950's when the old Queens Transit was called Queens - Nassau Transit. I have searched for the history of this and can't find any reference to any routes that would fit with that name. Does anyone have any info on this history?

I found its history including the fact that it was called Queens Nassau Transit Lines from around 1937 until 1957 when it was shortened to Queens Transit Corp., but still no history of its routes that would befit that earlier name.

I recall there were two companies (Schenck and Bee Line?) that did run from Flushing and Jamaica subway terminals into Nassau that were long ago taken over by LI Bus....

• 6 months later...

Bee-Line, Inc. operated the N1 through N6; Schenk Transportation the N20 through N27. Schenk acquired Nassau Bus Line (N31-N33) and Universal Auto Bus (N57 and N58).

Bee-Liine, Inc. subsidiaries were: Rockville Centre Bus (N14-N17); Utility Lines (N19); Stage Coach Lines (N71, N73-N74 and former N70) and Mid-Island Transit N78-N81).

These along with Jerusalem Avenue Bus Line (N51 N54/N55), Hempstead Bus Corporation (N41, N45, N47-N49), Roosevelt Bus Line (N62) and Branch Bus Corporation (N69) were all unified by the M.T.A. into the Metropolitan Suburban Bus Authority in 1973.

Archived