Divison B; Train of Many Colors

lilbluefoxie

How come teh museum doesnt have a similar concept for the B divison cars like the R30, R27, and R16, perhaps add an R38 to it? It is perhaps because the A division had more memorable painted cars, and the B div got stainless steel ones early?

How come teh museum doesnt have a similar concept for the B divison cars like the R30, R27, and R16, perhaps add an R38 to it? It is perhaps because the A division had more memorable painted cars, and the B div got stainless steel ones early?

That's kinda difficult to determine, because only the R32 was stainless steel. They could have done a TOMC for the B, but the one on the A can run on both the A and B divisions, while if a TOMC was created for the B, it could only run on the B, so (NYCT) probably didn't probably because of a redundancy issue. That's my thought.

That's kinda difficult to determine, because only the R32 was stainless steel. They could have done a TOMC for the B, but the one on the A can run on both the A and B divisions, while if a TOMC was created for the B, it could only run on the B, so (NYCT) probably didn't probably because of a redundancy issue. That's my thought.

No that's not the case, has to do with what's available to run and what people have liked over the years. Most SMEEs are created equal B). R30 would need a mate anyway to run, and there aren't too many B Div Smees out there anyway. That's something that if it happens it's a long way off since aside from the R10's (and there are only 2) there's not much of a demand for people to ride those trains.

No that's not the case, has to do with what's available to run and what people have liked over the years. Most SMEEs are created equal B). R30 would need a mate anyway to run, and there aren't too many B Div Smees out there anyway. That's something that if it happens it's a long way off since aside from the R10's (and there are only 2) there's not much of a demand for people to ride those trains.

cant they use R27 or the current SMEE on the B Div? for the R30s

cant they use R27 or the current SMEE on the B Div? for the R30s

They wont send A Div SMEEs over the B anymore because of injury risk. R27/R30 could be mated but it would require a few modifications, plus the R-27 isn't even in the museum so you'd have to pull out the Arnines, the LI caboose, the D types, the Standard, The R-11, and the R-16 just to get back there.

But even so that's only two cars, add on one R-10 (the other is not even close to workable) and you are nowhere near a museum train. As I said most enthusiasts aren't really into those cars, many of them even have bad memories of them. Personally I'd like to ride them (particularly an R-10 again), but I'll ride anything. What it boils down to is the cost involved and why do that which is like the "other smees" when there are other cars that are more unique being worked on (BMT Standards in CI)

They wont send A Div SMEEs over the B anymore because of injury risk. R27/R30 could be mated but it would require a few modifications, plus the R-27 isn't even in the museum so you'd have to pull out the Arnines, the LI caboose, the D types, the Standard, The R-11, and the R-16 just to get back there.

But even so that's only two cars, add on one R-10 (the other is not even close to workable) and you are nowhere near a museum train. As I said most enthusiasts aren't really into those cars, many of them even have bad memories of them. Personally I'd like to ride them (particularly an R-10 again), but I'll ride anything. What it boils down to is the cost involved and why do that which is like the "other smees" when there are other cars that are more unique being worked on (BMT Standards in CI)

sorry i didnt mean SMEE on the IRT i mean the B div R32 later..

But thanks I under stand now..

What Drew stated was that to get to the R30, you would have to pull out all the other cars. Also, at CIY yard they are working on other cars right now which are alot more important then having a BMT SMEE train.

Thats why I thought. So how is it possible that they could be linked to a "B division SMEE train" (look at above posts)

Where did I say that? What I said was that in order to get at the R30, which is wedged between a bunch of other cars and a wall, you're not going to move the wall, so you have to move the other cars out. That's a big pain. You then have to spend time and money mating an R27 to it, and upgrading the condition of both. You then have to find 6 other cars to run with it.

"Or" they could keep doing what they're doing which is slowly working on the standards at CI, and maybe run something a bit different than B SMEEs, which are almost identical in ride and look and feel to A SMEEs.

And if you're referring to museum moves many of those are not made with the cars under their own power (except for the TOMC and arnines)

Where did I say that? What I said was that in order to get at the R30, which is wedged between a bunch of other cars and a wall, you're not going to move the wall, so you have to move the other cars out. That's a big pain. You then have to spend time and money mating an R27 to it, and upgrading the condition of both. You then have to find 6 other cars to run with it.

"Or" they could keep doing what they're doing which is slowly working on the standards at CI, and maybe run something a bit different than B SMEEs, which are almost identical in ride and look and feel to A SMEEs.

And if you're referring to museum moves many of those are not made with the cars under their own power (except for the TOMC and arnines)

Sorry, guess I didn't read your post correctly ;)

Archived