Any Chance of an R68 on the (C)?

ctrain

Well, I guess I'll just not sit down during my rides in the future. Those R160 benches always hurt my bottom since they are so flat.

Speaking of which, everyone thinks that the new seats are more comfortable. HECK NO!!! Especially the bucket seats in R44-R68? How come seating has downgraded since the R42s? It's depressing.

Funny thing is today they had a R68 on the (C) line but it was only for training new motormen. It past me by Utica ave around 11am

They do that b/c the R68s are the second newest behind the R143 an R160 and that there are enough extra ones floating around. All the R143s are used most of the time during the day along with the R160s that are currently delivered.

Speaking of which, everyone thinks that the new seats are more comfortable. HECK NO!!! Especially the bucket seats in R44-R68? How come seating has downgraded since the R42s? It's depressing.
I think that R40/R42 benches were the worst b/c of that unnecessary and painful hump. Since I'm very skinny, the bucket seats are definitely my most preferred type of seating since they are shaped well for my bottom and I don't have to touch other people. The T/A did an ok job with the R142, R143, and R160 seats in flattening them out, but they happen to be too flat for me. The best benches were in fact the ones on the R26-R38.

Archived