PATH/NEC Photography questions

mark1447

Somebody has to :(

I don't dislike it but prefer Elizabeth for its curve and backgrounds.

I like Elizabeth for the curve as well also having that old CNJ station below makes for an interesting shot if you can figure how to work it in.

I like Elizabeth for the curve as well also having that old CNJ station below makes for an interesting shot if you can figure how to work it in.

Go back a ways at street level & wait & you should be able to get the train on the upper ROW with the old station building.

- A

Which is a good spot to get trains including the New Haven stuff AND Freight? I intend to spend a day in September heading down to Philadelphia using NJT but a station where I can get a good lot of the older electric locos and GM diesels.

Which is a good spot to get trains including the New Haven stuff AND Freight? I intend to spend a day in September heading down to Philadelphia using NJT but a station where I can get a good lot of the older electric locos and GM diesels.

Your not going to get anything in New Haven paint in NJ. In Philly you should get some NJT Geeps as they run in and out of there on the Atlantic City Line.

The New Haven painted units can be found on Metro North, hope this helps a little, also hope you have a good time when you come visit!

ps. If you need more help Private Message Me.

Your not going to get anything in New Haven paint in NJ. In Philly you should get some NJT Geeps as they run in and out of there on the Atlantic City Line.

The New Haven painted units can be found on Metro North, hope this helps a little, also hope you have a good time when you come visit!

ps. If you need more help Private Message Me.

Edison in (NJT) has diesel freight too, in faxct just yesterday i saw a blue unit with the blue caboose! :eek:

- A

Yeah they have had NS 5286 and 5311 working out of there for a while now, I caught this down at Jersey Ave not to long ago;

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1677500

and bonus Yard shot:

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1673754

Honestly though don't count on anything out of Metuchen Amtrak can and will annul them.

Also he was not asking about freight LOL, but since were on the topic and in the lines of his question about Philly there are some nice freight runs on the corridor down there. You have FJ10 and stuff for Bustelton, then you have all the stuff around Frankford and you can be brave and cross over to Camden or Pennsauken(much safer) and see CSAO Pavonia Yard with its SD9m's and lots of CSX and NS power to go around including some High Hoods.

some recent photos:

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1692802

http://kaback9.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1692810

All the stuff out of Pavonia can be shot from the RIVER Line Light rail as it passes by or from the Pennsauken Station area.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I'm mostly after the M4s and freight action, but only in NYC for 2 days... so much to pack in in such little time, but I'll probably look at night shots for the buses, and the daytrip to Philly to get the open top Leyland Fleetlines and other oddbodd stuff, as well as trains on the corridor. Would love to check out the LIRR for a couple of hours as well.

Thanks for the info. I'm mostly after the M4s and freight action, but only in NYC for 2 days... so much to pack in in such little time, but I'll probably look at night shots for the buses, and the daytrip to Philly to get the open top Leyland Fleetlines and other oddbodd stuff, as well as trains on the corridor. Would love to check out the LIRR for a couple of hours as well.

Try Willets Point & LIC for LIRR.

- A

Archived