Hi-dee-ho and away we go

Klink

Howdy, ladies and gents. Mike's my name. Born and bred in Queens. I currently reside in the awesome neighborhood of Bayside.

I'm an old fart looking to reinvent himself by joining the MTA. I've had 2 main careers in my 35 year work history. 15 years in the music business as a recording/mix engineer and technical engineer, then another 5 in Information Technology.

Transportation seems to be in my blood. My father, mother and their families worked for the Italian rail system post WWII and later immigrated to the United States. I currently have several working family members and friends dispersed among the different MTA organizations.

I've recently taken the Transit Electrical Helper exam #8081 and have passed. Still awaiting the official test results and listing number to be mailed. I've also applied for NOE #0145, Radio Repair Mechanic. I'm getting psyched to take that exam in October.

I was very happy to find the BBS. I look forward to chattin' it up with you and learning more about the MTA people and culture.

-Mike

Thanks, fellas. Pleasure's all mine.

Read through the entire Transit Career Discussion Forum the last few days (well, the bits that interested me). What great information for a newbies like me.

:tup:

Archived