Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Klink

Hi-dee-ho and away we go

Howdy, ladies and gents. Mike's my name. Born and bred in Queens. I currently reside in the awesome neighborhood of Bayside.

I'm an old fart looking to reinvent himself by joining the MTA. I've had 2 main careers in my 35 year work history. 15 years in the music business as a recording/mix engineer and technical engineer, then another 5 in Information Technology.

Transportation seems to be in my blood. My father, mother and their families worked for the Italian rail system post WWII and later immigrated to the United States. I currently have several working family members and friends dispersed among the different MTA organizations.

I've recently taken the Transit Electrical Helper exam #8081 and have passed. Still awaiting the official test results and listing number to be mailed. I've also applied for NOE #0145, Radio Repair Mechanic. I'm getting psyched to take that exam in October.

I was very happy to find the BBS. I look forward to chattin' it up with you and learning more about the MTA people and culture.

-Mike

Jeek-it, it's the boss! ;)

Thanks, man.

Huge BBS with lots of members. Hats off on keeping it together. I know it's not an easy gig.

Thanks, fellas. Pleasure's all mine.

Read through the entire Transit Career Discussion Forum the last few days (well, the bits that interested me). What great information for a newbies like me.

:tup: