Poor Service for $5.50

Never enough cash lanes open on any facility I've ever crossed.

I access these very rarely anyway, thankfully. I don't have an EZ-Pass. I can't have one because for whatever reason, the application "told" me that the pass can't be read from the kind of car I have when the pass is stuck on the windshield. I need one mounted on the license plate. I don't want it stolen from there, I don't want to lose it if for whatever reason I'm in a collision and my low hanging from license plate (due to how the car is made) gets lost with the pass on it.

Never enough cash lanes open on any facility I've ever crossed.

I access these very rarely anyway, thankfully. I don't have an EZ-Pass. I can't have one because for whatever reason, the application "told" me that the pass can't be read from the kind of car I have when the pass is stuck on the windshield. I need one mounted on the license plate. I don't want it stolen from there, I don't want to lose it if for whatever reason I'm in a collision and my low hanging from license plate (due to how the car is made) gets lost with the pass on it.

What kind of car do you have?

What kind of car do you have?

According to the EZPass site, it must be one of these:

Buick Roadmaster

Cadillac Catera 1999-2001

Chevrolet Lumina Van (before 2002)

Chevrolet Venture (before 2002)

Ford Crown Victoria 1987-1994

Ford Taurus (before 1995)

Oldsmobile Silhouette (before 2002)

Pontiac Montana (before 2002)

Pontiac Transport (before 2002)

Subaru SVX

According to the EZPass site, it must be one of these:

Buick Roadmaster

Cadillac Catera 1999-2001

Chevrolet Lumina Van (before 2002)

Chevrolet Venture (before 2002)

Ford Crown Victoria 1987-1994

Ford Taurus (before 1995)

Oldsmobile Silhouette (before 2002)

Pontiac Montana (before 2002)

Pontiac Transport (before 2002)

Subaru SVX

All I can say is a few years ago when I researched it, my model year vehicle was on that list.

I see Windstars going through on EZPass all the time. It's a possibility that the old transponder wasn't strong enough, but now the new one is capable to register in your car. Try registering again.

Otherwise I know what you're talking about. Came home Sunday night via the Throgs Neck Bridge towards Queens. The cash lines were 20-25 cars deep, but I just breezed by with my EZPass.

• 3 weeks later...
I sent in an application the other day, we'll see what happens.

The old list I had when I bought the car new in 2002 was that only the 2001's couldn't get the winshield mounted EZ Pass.

I did re-apply and got it in the mail yesterday, so obviously my car will be OK otherwise they would have rejected the application.

Eventhough I have no current plans to use any MTA Bridge/Tunnel or any toll road for now, it will be nice to have one for the next time I need to pay a toll.

Archived