42nd Street (S) new seat color and cell phone underground Ques.

mark1447

hey, decided to put two questions in one instead of making extra topics..

today while i went to 42nd street GCT on trk 1 (S) and i notice a no ad filled trk 1, when i went to see inside i saw that 1 side of the bucket seats were green and the other is blue.. How long has this been? Will it stay like that for the 62s or will the original style return?

Second is, i notice that my cell phone works on the (S) platform, i even saw some people using there phone at mott ave on the (4).. Did i miss sumin about the new communication system underground?

thx guys i know about that, i thought they added it for the entire system..

BTW anyone knows about my first question?

Well, it seems that the MTA is always experimenting something with the shuttle. I need to check this out for myself.

Atlantic Av to Nevins St on the (2)(3)(4)(5); either direction, always had reception.

Good one Zach! Anywhere south of Atlantic and you're out of luck. :confused:;)

yeah, especially the 42nd st one.. I never seen it on Franklin or Rkway Pk trainz

Well Manhattan is the main attraction for tourists so the the MTA will do anything to attract them, and Manhattan is the best place.

The green/blue seats is for a NY Giants/NY Jets promotion, if you had paid attention and looked at the ADs you would have seen it.

there was no ads all over the inside of the train................ or out................ besides im not much of a football person...............so im fine

Plus the train was packed and people were sitting all i saw was a few blanks......

well then its not my fault, i didnt enter the car anyways just saw near the door..

I wonder why the (MTA) put ads above the ceilin

Well they need all the money they can get, so anything to bring in revenue. I've seen buses with this as well.

86th Street on the (6)<6> and 96th Street on the (1)(2)(3) got reception also

86th Street seems unusual as it's a Dual Contracts station. 96th Street on the West Side is another as I made a call waiting or the downtown express there one time.

Well they need all the money they can get, so anything to bring in revenue. I've seen buses with this as well.

I know but why above your head xD lol

86th Street on the (6)<6> and 96th Street on the (1)(2)(3) got reception also

Im guessing (4)(5) Lower no?

To be honest it sounds like your in a basement of a home which is like the subway..

86th Street seems unusual as it's a Dual Contracts station. 96th Street on the West Side is another as I made a call waiting or the downtown express there one time.

Well I remember when I used to wait for the (6)<6> I gotten reception....this is when I used to work the Upper West Side back in 2000-2001 so idk if they still got some reception @ that station!

Well I remember when I used to wait for the (6)<6> I gotten reception....this is when I used to work the Upper West Side back in 2000-2001 so idk if they still got some reception @ that station!

With all the construction, they might. ;)

I think u missed my question bro. About the (4)(5) 86th lower having reception..

Archived