whats my chance

marleywong

You got (A) 95 that's great man but it's A waiting game now but I can't see why you won't get called sometime next year ,(H)ey you will be all right just be ready to go and don't mess up your credit:cool:(K)<R>

yea i come to realize thats its a long wait cause its now 3yrs and about 6mths now thats why i was wondering if i still have a chance.

thank you for ur info

mess up your credit?

Yeah some jobs won't hire you if you have a poor credit score. I don't think the MTA checks your credit before hiring you, but I could be wrong. And to the OP just hang in there. It takes times but when it comes it will be well worth it.

Yeah some jobs won't hire you if you have a poor credit score. I don't think the MTA checks your credit before hiring you, but I could be wrong. And to the OP just hang in there. It takes times but when it comes it will be well worth it.

I'm waiting for conductor & train op, I dont understand what my credit score has to affect my chances working down there. But i did speak to a Lirr worker and he said the same, he "thinks" they check it.

I'm waiting for conductor & train op, I dont understand what my credit score has to affect my chances working down there. But i did speak to a Lirr worker and he said the same, he "thinks" they check it.

Only applies to those working as conductors on the Metro-North Railroad and Long Island Railroad since they are always dealing with money.

They might check it. The only TA jobs where credit checks are mandatory are jobs where you either handle currency, or are in charge of vast amounts of materiel. They want to make sure you don't walk off with stuff so that you can pay off Big Pete.

They might check it. The only TA jobs where credit checks are mandatory are jobs where you either handle currency, or are in charge of vast amounts of materiel. They want to make sure you don't walk off with stuff so that you can pay off Big Pete.

Thanks, did they check yours or your not aware of it?

big pete?

Well in that case I guess they checked my credit since I'am a station agent. Must have been good since they hired me. And just as Zman I did'nt get my first credit card until I got hire with TA. And once I got that first one almost everyday I had an offer for a new one. All the up until the recession hit, now I don't get anything and I'm glad.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived