Don't lose your valuables on the subway

Trainspotter

Don't lose your valuables on the subway

Misplacing valuables like a diamond earring or wallet stuffed with money in the city transit system may mean losing them forever, according to MTA Inspector General reports released Thursday, which found that less than one in five commuters are reunited with their lost item.

As part of a year-long probe, auditors tested New York City Transit's lost and found procedures by handing over 26 items - including cell phones and cameras - that they claimed commuters left behind. Only three of those items made it to the Lost Property Unit.

Full story: amny_logo.gif icon_offsite.png - December 14, 2007

Thats right,its hard enough to find some stuff in your own house ;) I.E. remote,telephone.....:D

How about losing a sock, never to be found again. That irks me. I don't understand how they disappear, when I check the dryer and washers numerous times after taking the socks out. I really think that dryers and washers create another dimension, that items get sucked in to one at a time.

How about losing a sock, never to be found again. That irks me. I don't understand how they disappear, when I check the dryer and washers numerous times after taking the socks out. I really think that dryers and washers create another dimension, that items get sucked in to one at a time.

ROFL,I think the house has that very same feature,it seems to come with every house to:rolleyes:;)

Under the bed is a nightmare...if I drop something under there, I'll have to wait a good month for it to come out again.

That's because the dust bunnies are using the items. Want to get rid of them? Drop a pack of Trojans under the bed. That way they can't multiply. ;)

Archived