Hello there..

gavrieltal

Hello, I am gavrieltal. I like NYC Transit, as well as many other trains of all types (from steam to maglev). However, NYCT pales in comparison to transportation systems outside of the United States. London, Paris, Tokyo, Madrid, Mexico City, Berlin, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore are all examples of truly great metro systems, and were built not because of superiority but governmental competency. However, I have grown up with NYCT, use it every day, and to be fair it has improved substantially since 30+ years ago, so I love it unconditionally.

I wish the (T) was built. And it frustrates me that cities like Portland, OR or Seoul can practically build entire systems before we can build 30 blocks of one, two-track line.

I am a high-speed rail advocate. The Acela Express is not high speed rail. And the United States needs high speed rail if it is going to continue to grow.

I like the (N)(Q)(R)(W) BMT Broadway line. I don't really know why.

Until I log on again,

gavrieltal

Hello, I am gavrieltal. I like NYC Transit, as well as many other trains of all types (from steam to maglev). However, NYCT pales in comparison to transportation systems outside of the United States. London, Paris, Tokyo, Madrid, Mexico City, Berlin, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore are all examples of truly great metro systems, and were built not because of superiority but governmental competency. However, I have grown up with NYCT, use it every day, and to be fair it has improved substantially since 30+ years ago, so I love it unconditionally.

I wish the (T) was built. And it frustrates me that cities like Portland, OR or Seoul can practically build entire systems before we can build 30 blocks of one, two-track line.

I am a high-speed rail advocate. The Acela Express is not high speed rail. And the United States needs high speed rail if it is going to continue to grow.

I like the (N)(Q)(R)(W) BMT Broadway line. I don't really know why.

Until I log on again,

gavrieltal

Welcome.I agree on you about acela.The gov`t really need to get involved.Obama are you listening.:tup:

Archived