Places to Convert Laserdisc to DVD

Bracamonte

I have an old movie that is in Laserdisc format and want to convert it to DVD format. Does anyone know what places in New York City can they convert Laserdisc format to DVD format? Please provide the name of that place and the address.

I heard of a place once, so they do exist, but i do forget where it was located etc, i am very sorry.

Maybe try search engine/google maps?

- A

Isn't the former cheaper though? How much do DVD recorders go for anyway?

Cheapest I've seen was $70 at bestbuy.

back in '03 when sony first came out with them I shelled out over $800 for one, and now its just collecting dust ever since dvr came out on the cable boxes B)

They are really meant for backing stuff up, and converting your VHS library to disc format, as well as making duplicates of other dvd's for small scale (in a company for example) distribution. Some have 2 trays, a read only or ROM & a RW re-writeable/recordable, and some have a VHS part and the dvd part.

- A

I remember when I wasd younger,we use to have a mean Laserdisc collection.We gad Toy story,Empire strikes back,Carlitos way, the professional.You name it we have it.And man those disc were heavy and having to change sides use to take away the cinematic experience.

What do you mean by changing sides?

Several camcorders are able to act as a composite <-> firewire bridge. I converted several 8mm and VHS tapes to DVD by connecting my VCR to my camcorder using a composite cable, then using firewire to connect the camcorder to my PC. It's a clunky long-term solution, but works well if you've just got a few tapes to convert. The downside to any analog conversion method is that the material must be played back at 1x speed.

Archived