Help me find my camera (please).

metsfan

I know this isn't really the place for this, but i need to try anything i can think of. I forgot to grab my Olympus SP560UZ camera when i got up to go meet my girlfriend at the beginning of the year when i was at newark penn station, i was in the last waiting area on track 2/PATH towards the south end of the platform. We went back an hour later (~20 minutes to exp on the train, several minutes of panic, ~20 minutes of PATH back to newak penn to look for it, it was gone, we went to amtrak customer service, they said to go to nj transit police since nj transit owns the station etc, so i do that, ask if anyone has turned it in, no. So, the months roll by, and last night i see this show on pawn shops, and a lightbulb goes on, hey someone could have taken it to a pawn shop, if so, it MIGHT still be there, or at least a record of it might be there even if has been sold. So... I'm asking you, the members of NYCTF, to please help me find at least evidence of what happened to my old camera by checking pawn shops and the like. I will be checking a few that i know of, first in newark then in NYC. If you find this model camera please call me at 215-666-3934 so i can get the serial number off of it, which i could check against the warrantee information registered in my name with olympus. If you do find it, i'll see what i can do as far as a reward or whatnot, but seeing as my income is very limited i'm not sure what i could really do, i guess we could come up with something. It may end up to just be a handshake and a sincere thank you, so just think of it as like a good deed, helping out a fellow transitfanner.

Thank you in advance, i know this plea is above and beyond what most people would do, so i'm not getting my hopes up.

- A

Well, as some of you might know, my memory is totally shot when it comes to time frames, so i did some deductive type work to figure that out. I would say sometime between may and june, because i had it out for repair when i went to DC to see obama sworn in jan 20, and i looked into my photo library, and the photos that would have been there in that time frame (june) are all from my stylus770, and i rarely take that one out because it needs repair as well. I also compared image resolution with my new camera vs the stolen one.

My lovely girlfriend got me a new camera for our anniversary (july) at J&R, and i got myself a micro sd card (works with a xD card adapter) and all has been well since in that respect, i just would like to be able to recover this camera if i can, or at the very least find out what exactly happened to it, since it's driving me insane that someone took my camera and didn't even bother to walk 60 feet to turn it into the station office. My camera & my photography activities in general are a huge and vital part of who i am, so you might see why not knowing would bother me a great deal.

If i do recover it, i'd give it to my girlfriend who would like to get more into photography, since she is the most awesome person i've ever met in my life and understands how important photo-railfanning and photography is to me in general. She also works very hard at EWR dealing with very rude (and sometimes downright nutty & dangerous) pax making sure our air travel is safe and possible at all after 9/11.

So i hope this draws a better, clear picture of the situation.

Thank you again any & all who helps with this. :tup:

- A

Archived