Effort under way to improve access to train station in Perth Amboy

KeystoneRegional

I never understood why express trains...stop at Woodbridge SKIP Perth Amboy then make ALL stops to Long Branch. You would think it would operate express to Woodbridge and make all stops, not force all passengers to use locals from S.Amboy and Matawan. So if a new station comes, hopefully better service will as well.

I never understood why express trains...stop at Woodbridge SKIP Perth Amboy then make ALL stops to Long Branch. You would think it would operate express to Woodbridge and make all stops, not force all passengers to use locals from S.Amboy and Matawan. So if a new station comes, hopefully better service will as well.

There are skip-stop trains that skips Perth, Avenel, Linden, N. Elizabeth.

Also, Matawan is major express stop on the Coast Line so all trains must stop.

During Rush Hour ALL inner zone locals stop at N.Elizabeth and Linden. There isn't any skip-stop service, almost all trains operate Express to a certain station then make all stops after that. On the Corridor you have trains that operate Express to Rahway,Metropark,New Brunswick or Princeton Junction and then make all stations afterwards. I could understand if Perth Amboy was on the inner portion of the line, but it isn't, its in the middle zone, and all middle zone stations see some sort of exp service during Peak Hrs except this one. Avenel is served by all locals, because the demand at that station is relatively low (I think 124 boardings a day, If I recall correctly), however Perth Amboy see's over 1000 boardings a day and from what I've seen from ridership studies, its boarding statistics closely trail behind South Amboy's.

Archived