A filing fee for a civil service test and a dream?

Rapid Transit TO

All it takes is a civil service exam, play your cards right, and stay alive to retirement to hit it big, for TA executives apparently..

"A retired New York City Transit executive is collecting a $180,515 annual pension -- the highest in the New York City Employee Retirement System, according to records obtained by The Post through a Freedom of Information request.

Michael A. Lombardi, 66, is one of 143 retirees raking in pensions of more than $100,000 from the largest of the city's pension funds."

Story:http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/retirement_x9cSHuqUFed6wP7wipNMjN

This crap is why I stopped reading the post and daily news. This guy worked for the agency for 45 years, and they are making him out to be some kind of criminal. I swear these newspapers are so tasteless. These papers, and the people of this city fail to realize you contribute to your pension for your entire career, don't they think you should get something back for a life time service?

Notice how they wrote the word "Jackpot" on the subject header. Jackpot is when somebody wins the lottery through luck only.

All the way at the bottom of the article is what's the most important to know. "The average annual NYCERS pension is about $28,000."

The only thing that the Post is good for is to pick up after my dog.

Notice how they wrote the word "Jackpot" on the subject header. Jackpot is when somebody wins the lottery through luck only.

All the way at the bottom of the article is what's the most important to know. "The average annual NYCERS pension is about $28,000."

The only thing that the Post is good for is to pick up after my dog.

I know I hate the Post. It's a bullshit "Newspaper" and a borderline tabloid. There is a reason News Corporation runs it to a Net Loss every year.

Side note: Many of the "Comments" under the article in support for Mr. Lombardi are EXCELLENT and I am very much on board with them. F*** f***ing Goldman Sachs and the banker a**holes that screw this country. Not guys like Lombardi who are self made, worked their way up, and EARNED their comfortable retirements because they provided a lifetime of civil service. Leave these types of working people alone, because it is a pittance compared to what the Wallstreet Shitheads make.

The Wallstreet shitheads are what are bad for the country, NOT working people.

Archived