Lobbying: What Do You Think?

NX Express

100% agree.

Lobbying is legalized bribery.

If I was a politician, I'd be shameless about it though. I'm a man of the people. Corporations, if you want to change that...Send money my way...See how much is enough.

The truth? No amount would change me, I'd just keep trying to convince them that "maybe" the next hundred thousand dollars could be the tipping point. heh heh...

100% agree.

If I was a politician, I'd be shameless about it though. I'm a man of the people. Corporations, if you want to change that...Send money my way...See how much is enough.

The truth? No amount would change me, I'd just keep trying to convince them that "maybe" the next hundred thousand dollars could be the tipping point. heh heh...

All they would need to bribe you with is a truck full of Dr. Peppers ;)

All they would need to bribe you with is a truck full of Dr. Peppers ;)

Hey they can keep 'em coming. How much is enough? I'll just sit here all day and they can keep sending more thinking that the next truckload will change my opinion of them. (It won't). But I'll continue accepting the free stuff!

IDK, I heard that it's limited @ $4000.

I don't know about individual contributions to individuals, but industries as a whole pay huge sums of money to senators, reps, white house, and other pols. The banks in particular paid huge sums. They also pay a lot separately for the "services" of their lobbyists (quotes because it's really a disservice) as well as their expenses. But collectively it adds a ton of money that would be very useful to the economy that's wasted. Also they continue to get very good "return on investment" when they do it...1 million dollars to lobby to kill a policy that would cost 3 billion to an industry is seen by the MBA types that continue to plague our economy with their all-profit-all-the-time policies as a "good investment" so it will continue into the foreseeable future.

However it's a huge waste, and for every million bucks spent on lobbying, 20 people could be put back to work for a year at $50,000/yr salaries.

I don't know about individual contributions to individuals, but industries as a whole pay huge sums of money to senators, reps, white house, and other pols. The banks in particular paid huge sums. They also pay a lot separately for the "services" of their lobbyists (quotes because it's really a disservice) as well as their expenses. But collectively it adds a ton of money that would be very useful to the economy that's wasted. Also they continue to get very good "return on investment" when they do it...1 million dollars to lobby to kill a policy that would cost 3 billion to an industry is seen by the MBA types that continue to plague our economy with their all-profit-all-the-time policies as a "good investment" so it will continue into the foreseeable future.

However it's a huge waste, and for every million bucks spent on lobbying, 20 people could be put back to work for a year at $50,000/yr salaries.

They should ban all contributions to all politicians that are over $0.00.

Why'd you tell them that?

I didn't, I told YOU that. Also, I am not a politician, and am a long way away from being eligible, so if some corporation can actually figure out who I am many years from now, find this obscure post on NYCTF, and realize that they shouldn't give money, that would probably be the only scenario in which I'd tip my hat to a corporation.

Most likely if that ever DID happen, the post would "slip through the cracks" and only a select few would know what I planned to do ;)

After all, these same people couldn't figure that betting on people with bad credit repaying their loans was a BAD idea, so I trust them about as far as I can throw a subway car, which ain't too far. So I'm not holding my breath they'd wise up to my plan on the 1 in a million chance that I actually did get elected to any post :cool:

They should ban all contributions to all politicians that are over $0.00.

Now THAT is Change You Can Count on! All contributions from corporations: BANNED. You want to make one? Do it with your own money. The CEO's will be too greedy to do so, because they'd rather keep it. Mission accomplished.

I didn't, I told YOU that. Also, I am not a politician, and am a long way away from being eligible, so if some corporation can actually figure out who I am many years from now, find this obscure post on NYCTF, and realize that they shouldn't give money, that would probably be the only scenario in which I'd tip my hat to a corporation.

Most likely if that ever DID happen, the post would "slip through the cracks" and only a select few would know what I planned to do ;)

After all, these same people couldn't figure that betting on people with bad credit repaying their loans was a BAD idea, so I trust them about as far as I can throw a subway car, which ain't too far. So I'm not holding my breath they'd wise up to my plan on the 1 in a million chance that I actually did get elected to any post :cool:

Dude, I am a corporation... the NX Express Route Planning Agency... so don't tell me...

Yes, it is bribery. You scratch my a$$, I'll scratch yours........

100% agree.

Not when I am your Vice President. I will corrupt you..........

All they would need to bribe you with is a truck full of Dr. Peppers :P

Then I don't want to be his Vice President. A truck load of Dr. Pepper, ain't gonna buy my jacuzzi, my wastfully huge mansion, me a hot wife (an obese diabetic one, it will) and my 5 golden Ferraris, 4 Rangie Rovers, 3 English Bentleys, 2 Mercedes G class, and a partrich in a pear tree.........

Hey they can keep 'em coming. How much is enough? I'll just sit here all day and they can keep sending more thinking that the next truckload will change my opinion of them. (It won't). But I'll continue accepting the free stuff!

You see you missed what they would be doing to you. They figure since they can't buy you, they will slowly kill you, with a sugary, pancreatic murdering, diabetic death. Then I can take your spot, and gladly play favorites....cha-ching......:tup::tup::tup:...........

You see you missed what they would be doing to you. They figure since they can't buy you, they will slowly kill you, with a sugary, pancreatic murdering, diabetic death. Then I can take your spot, and gladly play favorites....cha-ching......:tup::tup::tup:...........

That's OK I'll send 'em a big fat load of cigars, but at a fraction of whatever they give me. $200 in Dr. Pepper's gets you $20 in cigars and thanks for coming out. You can't be a bigwig without a big fat cigar in your mouth so they will smoke them to look cool...and they will die before me...and they will pay higher insurance premiums once I make it law for that to be so for smokers...

Besides Dr. Pepper's are the gift that keep on giving anyway. Plenty of people I know I can share them with, I ain't greedy like the banksters, once I got enough I got enough and more can be nice, but it's not required and if I get more I don't have to keep hoarding it...

Gotta love the life philosophies of these rich pricks: GIMME IT ITS MINE!!!

Back to daycare for all of them...

Archived