This One From SEPTA - Our Transit Friend In Philadelphia

EE Broadway Local

Alerts:

Broad Street Line: Train service is operating on a regular Saturday schedule and will end at approximately 12:30am. Nite Owl Bus service will not operate.

Market-Frankford Line: Train service is operating on a regular Saturday schedule and will end at approximately 12:30am. Nite Owl Bus service will not operate.

Norristown High Speed Line: Service is currently suspended.

Trolley Lines: Effective at 2:00pm, all Trolley Line service is suspended until Sunday morning.

Bus: All BUS, LUCY and CCT service is suspended due to weather and street conditions.

CCT (Paratransit) will provide service only for medical and work appointments Sunday February 7th.

Regional Rail: Effective at 2:00pm all Regional Rail service is suspended until Sunday morning.

For more information, visit http://www.septa.org

No rail service?? How will they keep the tracks clear? How are people supposed to get anywhere?

- A

Metsfan i gotta to disagree. IMO (septa) exces is making the right call. People I feel should be home when you have 2-3 feet of snow. Plus its saturday night, i would more understand if this was a weeknight to try to run service for workers. Plus Metsfan do you want an accident?

You want a repeat of the LIRR in Suffolk County with riders being stuck as it happened during the pre christmas storm last dec?

I am pretty sure they will have hunderds of workers cleaning up the tracks to resume service on Sunday.

Just like flying on occasion, trains need to shut down on occaion due to the weather.B)

Yea, but only one line combo uses the NEC. No trains really run on the other lines aside from :septa:. Whatever, i disagree with them doing that. If people need to get somewhere and responsibly leave the car at station/at home they should not be treated to a shut down system for 14 inches of snow (or less in some areas). This region has been having snowy winters since before people lived here, i don't think anyone in the served area is unprepared for any amount of wintery PA weather.

- A

Archived