Q85 Bay Splitting

m7zanr160s

Can anyone explain to me why Rosedale-bound Q85s, that are NOT LIMITED, are still splitting bays at Parsons/Archer after the signs have been changed, to make waiting for one easier? (i.e. One bay says Q85 Rosedale/Green Acres, and the other, Q85 LTD Rosedale) This is very aggravating, as you can go from first to last in line if a bus is not on time. I really don't like this.

Well I can think of a few reasons why this was done.

1. To eliminate the "stupidity" among passengers. For example, you get on the bus THINKING that it's the Q85 local. Once the bus blows by your stop, you're reaction is..."WTF?! STOP!!! You passed my stop." Therefore you realized that you are on the Q85 LTD. So this way, by having a seperate bay...you can HOPEFULLY (no miracles here) eliminate that.

2. When the Q4, Q5, Q83 and Q85 LTD service began, it's was buses blocking each other along Archer Av at that first stop. The Local and Limited would be right on top of each other AND therefore blocking other buses from leaving (hence the reasoning why the Q42, Q84 and N4 were pushed damn near the layover area today).

Hope that helps!

Can anyone explain to me why Rosedale-bound Q85s, that are NOT LIMITED, are still splitting bays at Parsons/Archer after the signs have been changed, to make waiting for one easier? (i.e. One bay says Q85 Rosedale/Green Acres, and the other, Q85 LTD Rosedale) This is very aggravating, as you can go from first to last in line if a bus is not on time. I really don't like this.

Why don't you Email or write to NYCT?

Ranting on some message board won't get it done.

Archived