MTV offically no longer a Music Video station: New format focuses on reality shows

Shortline Bus

Quite honestly, MTV today, even its music portion, is really nothing but recycled garbage. Nothing original is aired/played, and it all falls within "mainstream media". Even the only show I would dare venture into (Headbanger's Ball) only plays what they deem fit for the masses:tdown:. I would not mind at all if MTV just disappeared :P

I used to look forward to seeing music videos. Now instead of that I get to see a bunch of people get drunk and look stupid. And it's not just MTV. There aren't any quality shows. A few years ago Friends was the hottest show. Now instead of Friends we have a bunch of idiotic reality shows. There's no more Saturday morning cartoons (other than that Pokemon/Yugi Oh crap). I guess Americans don't have an imagination.

I remember back in '87 when I used to come home from summer camp and I had the old cable box that had a dial with the numbers and then letters, coming come to watch YO! Mtv raps with fab 5 freddy and nea peeples and looking at cheesy george micheal "i want your sex" videos and "bust a move" by young mc...ahh the good ol dayz....

I remember back in '87 when I used to come home from summer camp and I had the old cable box that had a dial with the numbers and then letters, coming come to watch YO! Mtv raps with fab 5 freddy and nea peeples and looking at cheesy george micheal "i want your sex" videos and "bust a move" by young mc...ahh the good ol dayz....

actually 'bust a move' came out in late '88 and was a top 10 smash in 1989.

Added bonus here an mtv video classic clips.

1)First video ever played on the 'old' mtv debuting in summer of 1981.

"Video killed the Music Star."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJ27TgBvJE

your right young mc was 89, but deff 'I want your sex' was on in '87, theres gotta be a way to go back in time. I need a Flux Capacitor & a Delorean.

Here you go Dan. Did you see the Video killed the radio star clip? From the Eddie Murphy movie soundtrack Beverly Hills Cop 2. FYI. Summer of 1987 was also special as i spent that whole summer break at my aunt's house in Cherry Hill NJ and was the first time i saw MTV on regular basis in my life. My parents neighborhood in Brooklyn did not get access to cable tv until 1990.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x9rtEHtubI

Anybody remember watching Downtown Julie Brown on the Club MTV show,wubba wubba wubba. Remote control was another good show on there as was Liquid Televison, AEon Flu and Beavis and Butt-head. When I first got cable back in the fall of 1987 MTV was one of my favorite channels, haven't watched it in years.

Archived