Q85 Bus Details

Q85Rosedale

Hello goodnight,

I'm going to be moving over to Springfield Gardens soon, by Springfield Boulevard & 140 Ave, if im correct, right by the Q85.

I've tried to get info on how often the bus runs there, its past Rochdale and also people's review of the bus line.

If you don't mind, may I ask what you think of the Q85 and also, how often does it run. The schedule shows it every 15 to 25 minutes past Rochdale Village, can someone confirm this?

Thanks !

I live around the area. I take the Q85 practically everyday. It runs frequently during rush hour (though you won't get a seat). During rush hour it runs roughly every 5-7 minutes (not including the Rochdale buses). On Saturdays it runs every 10 minutes. On Sundays it runs every 12 minutes. On weekends if you're heading to the city you can take the LIRR at Locust Manor (Farmers Blvd and Bedell Street). There's a City Ticket that costs only $3.50.

The Q85 is fairly reliable. It tends to bunch sometimes. The bad thing about the route is that since it serves several schools it can get rowdy. AVOID the Q85 between 2 and 5 PM on weekdays. The Q85 runs limited during rush hours, meaning it skips several stops on Merrick Blvd.

Hello goodnight,

I'm going to be moving over to Springfield Gardens soon, by Springfield Boulevard & 140 Ave, if im correct, right by the Q85.

I've tried to get info on how often the bus runs there, its past Rochdale and also people's review of the bus line.

If you don't mind, may I ask what you think of the Q85 and also, how often does it run. The schedule shows it every 15 to 25 minutes past Rochdale Village, can someone confirm this?

Thanks !

welcome. A native of Trindad? Here schedule of the Q85.

http://mta.info/nyct/bus/schedule/queens/q085cur.pdf

Off topic for second. I always thought that the Q85 branch to/from Green Acres should be renamed the Q86 imo.

I live around the area. I take the Q85 practically everyday. It runs frequently during rush hour (though you won't get a seat). During rush hour it runs roughly every 5-7 minutes (not including the Rochdale buses). On Saturdays it runs every 10 minutes. On Sundays it runs every 12 minutes. On weekends if you're heading to the city you can take the LIRR at Locust Manor (Farmers Blvd and Bedell Street). There's a City Ticket that costs only $3.50.

The Q85 is fairly reliable. It tends to bunch sometimes. The bad thing about the route is that since it serves several schools it can get rowdy. AVOID the Q85 between 2 and 5 PM on weekdays. The Q85 runs limited during rush hours, meaning it skips several stops on Merrick Blvd.

Awesome & I'll be taking it at about 3:30 PM, on a typical schoolday to reach home and the Laurelton station is 2 blocks away if im correct, so i'll do the cityticket. Thanks !

Off topic for second. I always thought that the Q85 branch to/from Green Acres should be renamed the Q86 imo.

Thanks & No Im not but my parents are. I personally find the Q5 is a "more reliable" route for Green Acres if you ask me, but thats opinion

Hello goodnight,

Thanks !

You're also gonna be by the Q77. That route serves nothing but schools. That's another route you need to avoid between 2-5 pm

There actually was a Q86 back in the 1980's and 1990's. It ran from the Rosedale LIRR station to somewhere in Rosedale.

Getting back to the topic, nice to see someone from my area posting at NYCTF.

The southern terminus of the Q86 was 257 St and 148 Av by the Q111

That's not 100% true. I went to IS 59. Although there are a few jack@sses, overall it's much better than 231. 238 is the best school in the district. IS 192, on the other hand, is like prison for 13 year olds.

I could've went to 59 but my reading score wasn't high enough, so they put me in that "prison" that is 192. Ah the days of students back-talking teachers. I heard a girl got raped at 238

Thanks guys for the info!

I see the avoid between 2 - 5 PM so I have to ask, avoid them in both directions or only a certain direction? I'll be on the 3:44 PM, from Jamaica center towards rosedale. But I think I might be taking the Q5 and walk, if it's safer of course.

Wow I've always thought the same thing.

The Q85 is reliable for the most part, sometimes it will take a very very long time to come resulting in bunches with as much as 7 buses although 3 buses is more common. I almost never get a seat in the morning. The Limited is way faster in the PM hours. The Q85 is mixed RTS buses (old) and Orion VII NG buses (new).

Okay, here's where i'll be getting on the bus @ the end of the month, its pretty sad but here it is.

Springfield BLVD & Conduit Blvd. Im right by IS 231, :/, The 77, 85 and 3 pass by me but If im correct, that stop is right towards the beginning, so I should, if lucky / hopefully, catch a seat

Okay, here's where i'll be getting on the bus @ the end of the month, its pretty sad but here it is.

Springfield BLVD & Conduit Blvd. Im right by IS 231, :/, The 77, 85 and 3 pass by me but If im correct, that stop is right towards the beginning, so I should, if lucky / hopefully, catch a seat

Cool my school is kinda famous

Does anybody here think the Q3 deserves a limited route because i do. The Q3 is always crowded at rush hours. This route deserves better service for a bus that goes to the airport.

I took the Q3 for the first time like last week and all I have to say is never again, that thing goes so slow its not even funny, the trip took so long (to Farmers & Bedell) it felt like riding the Q30 from beginning to end. Next time I'm taking the Q65 all the way to Jamaica Center instead of getting off at Hillside.

Does anybody here think the Q3 deserves a limited route because i do. The Q3 is always crowded at rush hours. This route deserves better service for a bus that goes to the airport.

The ridership isn't there. Very few people take the Q3 from Springfield Gardens or St. Albans to Jamaica. Most take it to intermediate points like 187/Hillside Avenue. I agree that the Q3 is painfully slow. I used to take the Q3 to 179 Street for the (F) train since I hated the R32's on the (E) but ever since the (E) started using R160's I rarely use the Q3.

Archived