Metro North gets good grades from riders

Trainspotter

Metro North gets good grades from riders

NEW YORK (AP) _ Metro North Railroad got good grades in a customer survey for trains running east of the Hudson River. The 93 percent overall favorable rating was one percentage point higher than in 2006, the railroad said.

The New Haven Line made the biggest gains in customer satisfaction going to 88 percent from 85 percent the year before.

Full story: amny_logo.gificon_offsite.png - January 30, 2008

Honestly, I'd take the subway over the Metro-North any day, simply because of the headways.

About once or twice a week, I take the New Haven line to get from the Bronx to Westchester (either Mount Vernon or New Rochelle). To get a northbound train from Fordham Road on a weekday is not easy. They only run six times during rush hour, often more than 60 minutes apart (they run at 3:54, 4:43, 5:09, 5:53, 7:02 and 7:27).

Honestly, I'd take the subway over the Metro-North any day, simply because of the headways.

About once or twice a week, I take the New Haven line to get from the Bronx to Westchester (either Mount Vernon or New Rochelle). To get a northbound train from Fordham Road on a weekday is not easy. They only run six times during rush hour, often more than 60 minutes apart (they run at 3:54, 4:43, 5:09, 5:53, 7:02 and 7:27).

But if you have to keep this in mind, a subway and a commuter railroad are different in terms of the service they provide. Subway has to be rapid and work on that concept. Commuter railroads have longer distances to travel so thats why.

With a commuter railroad, you have to give yourself plenty of time and you have to learn how to time yourself well to get to a train. Timing is key when taking commuter rail.

Archived