New York Transit Museum Corona Maintenance Facility tour

LRG

Tony Abdallah is a cool cat.

I went to high school with his son. His son was a real stand up guy, it's a shame what happened.

As for trips where they say you can't take pictures, you should just go anyway for the experience. I don't think they every had a tour of Linden Shop and who knows when they will have another one. If I had the time, I would have gone.

As for trips where they say you can't take pictures, you should just go anyway for the experience. I don't think they every had a tour of Linden Shop and who knows when they will have another one. If I had the time, I would have gone.

...says the track foamer. :)

Heh, i'd go camera or not. The best camera is the one that sits behind your eyes.

In the words of the immortal Carlin.."don't people ever stop and, you know...LOOK at things anymore?

...maybe even...

...Remember them?"

Everything is subject to change in MTA. While the info in the museum calendars and so forth is generally very accurate (and much more accurate than many of the other rumors floating around TA land out there), it is still part of MTA and still subject to change. As a matter of fact, if you read every TM calendar closely it will say that all events are subject to change.

The last Corona tour I went on, which was back in 2005 or 06, they handed away those R62 strip map signs on the roofs of the car where the doors stand. I think it's definitely something to look into again.

And at East 180th in July of 08, they had giveaways too. Same with Bergen Sign when they did those tours. However that sort of thing is at the discretion of the shop ONLY and it is not a sure thing. It's just a bonus, so why not go and be pleasantly surprised whatever happens?

And at East 180th in July of 08, they had giveaways too. Same with Bergen Sign when they did those tours. However that sort of thing is at the discretion of the shop ONLY and it is not a sure thing. It's just a bonus, so why not go and be pleasantly surprised whatever happens?

No vest give aways? Damn!

In the words of the immortal Carlin.."don't people ever stop and, you know...LOOK at things anymore?

...maybe even...

...Remember them?"

To quote a member from a camera message board I frequent: "I'm there to enjoy the scenery, I just happen to bring my camera along."

To quote a member from a camera message board I frequent: "I'm there to enjoy the scenery, I just happen to bring my camera along."

99% of the time when I am doing something with the museum trains or any thing else for that matter, I don't remember that I have my camera till I'm on the way home. Pictures can get deleted, but the experience remains with you forever.

99% of the time when I am doing something with the museum trains or any thing else for that matter, I don't remember that I have my camera till I'm on the way home. Pictures can get deleted, but the experience remains with you forever.

Amen to that. Heck even having a camera on my phone doesn't help me remember, I'd rather live history than photograph it...although occasionally photographing things can be good but usually for me it's more about the people than the equipment

Well that's all fine but I'm a photographer; railfanning is just an excuse to practice my craft :D At any rate, yes, the experience at a yard or shop could be a good one, camera or not. I'm not griping, simply voting. Then again, you seen one eyewash, you've seen 'em all :)

Archived