New York Transit Museum Corona Maintenance Facility tour

LRG

Thursday, April 22, at 6 p.m.

EARTH DAY: MEET THE GREEN TEAM AND TOUR THE CORONA MAINTENANCE FACILITY

$25, Museum members $20, Children (5 - 17) $15

Meet leaders of MTA New York City Transit's "Green Team" at our very own LEED-certified Corona Maintenance Facility, the first of its kind. NYC Transit Chief Architect Judith Kunoff, Chief Environmental Engineer Tom Abdallah, and Chief Officer of Environmental Sustainability Collette Ericsson will discuss this project and other proposed measures to manage the agency's carbon footprint. A tour with Assistant General Manager Ray DelValle will highlight the facility's energy and water efficiency.

Unless otherwise noted, reservations and advance payment are required: 718-694-1867. Most of these tours are not appropriate for young children or babies in strollers.

So...who's going?

Do they have tours at coney island shops and 207th street?

I don't know if they have ever done a tour of Coney Island. 207th Street, yes. There was one in August, and they ran the Arnines in non-revenue service from the museum to Euclid Avenue, then to 207th Street.

Never mind, I confused it with the other tours that are sold out. I think they have over done Corona Shop though.

No problem. Corona Yard is something I'd like to take a peek at though.

I don't know if they have ever done a tour of Coney Island. 207th Street, yes. There was one in August, and they ran the Arnines in non-revenue service from the museum to Euclid Avenue, then to 207th Street.

CIY and 207 are done every once in a while. I have been to both yards so many times that it's like going to the corner store now.

this is real old for me lol. I was going to do the Westchester Yard, but it got sold out so fast in dec ><

I may go to the corona one, idk..

Did you check out Linden?

Did you check out Linden?

Yeah, sold out, but i didnt want to go. Remember i posted it at FB back in dec be4 ta? It said no photography, so i said no thx! But it sold out real fast that week with the Pelham version leaving Corona stuck!

I will how ever, get to the TOMC one when it comes out for summer ;)!

Yeah, sold out, but i didnt want to go. Remember i posted it at FB back in dec be4 ta? It said no photography, so i said no thx! But it sold out real fast that week with the Pelham version leaving Corona stuck!

Photography was allowed at Linden Shop.

I think this one is already sold out. It is usually a good tour too.

I think there are a couple of spots left. However most if not all of the other tours have sold out. Forget about Westchester Yd. They could run the tour 3 times and still have a waiting list!

Do they have tours at coney island shops and 207th street?

No problem. Corona Yard is something I'd like to take a peek at though.

Sure they do. 207th they did in August 2009 as part of the Arnine nostalgia train. Because of the number of people, however, it was slightly different than most museum tours because there was less opportunity for visitors to ask questions at each area although a few did.

They've done Coney Island a number of times. The last time was August 2008.

All TA facility tours are given with the permission of the facilities in question, so whatever they say goes. If they say no photography, no photography. If they say no open toed shoes or sneakers, then that's the rule and you wear boots. In the case of Linden, there was some confusion about what was allowed, but those that went were ultimately allowed to take pictures. Like everything else in TA, even certain parts of museum tours and fantrips are "subject to change"

No, photography was allowed on the trip to Linden Shop that just passed, the one you decided not to go on.

Well i have the the mailed copy of the calendar which stated photography wasn't allowed, but i guess the rules changed for it.

Read my reply to your post above

I read it and i already made my point...

Heh, I skipped the Linden tour because of the stated photo prohibition, as did some other guys I know. :tdown:

Are you doing to Westchester and/or Corona?

Archived