E train

Abba

Posted: 03/28/2010 9:16PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to switch problems at the World Trade Center Station,:

Manhattan-bound (E) trains terminate at the Lexington Avenue-53rd Street Station.

Queens-bound (E) trains run on the (F) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station.

Select Manhattan-bound (E) trains run on the (F) between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Bergen Street Station.

Select Queens-bound (F) trains run on the(E) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on (E) and (F) trains at this time.

Why go through all of this?Just terminate (E) trains at 2nd avenue instead.

Posted: 03/28/2010 9:16PM

MTA Service Notice

Due to switch problems at the World Trade Center Station,:

Manhattan-bound (E) trains terminate at the Lexington Avenue-53rd Street Station.

Queens-bound (E) trains run on the (F) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station.

Select Manhattan-bound (E) trains run on the (F) between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Bergen Street Station.

Select Queens-bound (F) trains run on the(E) line between the West 4th Street-Washington Square Station and the Jackson Heights-Roosevelt Avenue Station.

Please expect delays in service on (E) and (F) trains at this time.

Why go through all of this?Just terminate (E) trains at 2nd avenue instead.

All downtown trains are already running via the (F) and all uptown trains are running via the (A) already b/t W4 and Jay, so this is probably to prevent congestion at W4. :confused:

I was caught in the middle of this. Spent about 30 min. waiting for an uptown (E) train at 34 St. with no announcement. Then at like 35 min.: "No uptown (E) at this time." So I'm like OK, I'll take the next (A) to 42 St. for the (7) to Roosevelt Ave., then take the (E) home. As soon as the (A) arrives, I see an (F) pull in on the local track. So I just scraped the (7) plan and transferred to the (F) at 42 St. Unfortunately, the c/r just made manual announcements until Jackson Heights. Then he puts via 8 Ave. It's interesting hearing (E) and (F) announcements on the same train because the voices are different. It sounds funny.

Archived