Question About the ex-Triboro Orion V's

Bracamonte

While the ex-Triboro Coach Orion V's numbered in the 7200's still have soft seats on the express lines, how come on the local lines, I see blue hard seats instead of soft seats? I mean, Triboro did ran Orion V's with soft seats on local lines.

Yep as RTS and O5s are retired the MTA is using their seats to covert the suburban PBL's to Local Buses.....

Since the MTA doesnt want anything but D4500s on Express Routes...You will start to see less and less CNG's with Suburban seating...Make no mistake tho CP and SC are still using the suburban seat O5's on Local Routes. I was just on one taking the Q25 to jamaica Friday...

Yeah a lot of them had their seats replaced with those from recently retired buses so they could be put on local routes more often, though there are still a few of them doing express runs. They're also starting to be retired now.

I have a question too, have any 8500s gotten their seats replaced?

Yeah a lot of them had their seats replaced with those from recently retired buses so they could be put on local routes more often, though there are still a few of them doing express runs. They're also starting to be retired now.

I wonder if CP has enough D4500 to make service so all O5's can be converted to Local Bus...

I know SC's barely uses O5's on Express Routes anymore since the 4500CL's came in....I think most of theirs or soon-to-be O5's are coverted to Local Bus seating.

I haven't seen any 8500 with hard seats. I think they usually stick to the express lines as I only saw one of them on a local line once. On a sidenote 7266 now has hard seats.

I wonder if CP has enough D4500 to make service so all O5's can be converted to Local Bus...

I know SC's barely uses O5's on Express Routes anymore since the 4500CL's came in....I think most of theirs or soon-to-be O5's are coverted to Local Bus seating.

As far as I know all of SC's Orion V's have soft seats. All the ones that had hard seats were transferred to CP or Storage.

Archived